DDNS does not "forget" prior setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-20 19:33:17
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230522 Rel. 68968

I originally configured the Advanced>DDNS setup to use noip<dot>com with a domain named  "name1<dot>ddns<dot>net". I should have used "name2<dot>ddns<dot>net" as "name1" was already being set by another router in another network. This error caused the "name1" entry to be overwritten in noip<dot>com, which of course was undesirable.

I edited the settings and changed the name to "name2<dot>ddns<dot>net". I now observed "name2" to be set with noip<dot>com. I manually updated "name1" to the correct address. Several hours later I found functionality related to "name1" to no longer work. Checking noip<dot>com I found the both "name1" and "name2" were being set by the deco system.

This is incorrect. After the edit, the "name1" entry should no longer have been touched. It appears the firmware, incorrectly, now has two DDNS setups to update. Unless a firmware update comes soon, or a workaround is available, I will have to factory reset the whole setup just to remove this problem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:DDNS does not "forget" prior setup
2023-07-25 06:39:05

@dolfstar 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Please try to delete the current DDNS domain on the Deco APP, then disable DDNS;

After that, enable it again and set the DDNS with name2.

Then could you please check again whether Deco is still bound with 2 Noip domain names?

If it is still the same, could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Related Articles