MyQ doesn’t connect to Deco WiFi mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-28 16:22:25 - last edited 2023-10-14 18:28:40

I changed my router from tp-link AX11000 to a Mesh (Deco AEX5300 sold by Costco). All my devices connect with no problems EXCEPT my MyQ Garage Door opener. I have been trying for the last 2 months to no avail. Liftmaster told me that it was incompatible, but my best friend has the same setup I have (same router, same garage door opener) and it works fine. Any suggestions? 

PD can I add a regular router (ax1800 tp-link) to my Deco mesh?)

UPDATE: After so much back and forth, It was determined by a local Liftmaster technician that there is something wrong with the motor board.  In the end, it was a defective motor. Thanks for all your help!  on to buy another garage door opener!

Options
16 Reply
Re:MyQ doesn’t connect to Deco WiFi mesh
2023-09-28 16:44:43

@cwpizarro we have 2 chamblerins as well and they connect. Have you tried factory resetting the openers, then make a ioT network that is only 2.4Ghz.  I have 

Options
2023-09-28 17:08:38

@cwpizarro What step are you at now? When I tried to pair my MyQ I just could not get to the part to enter my Wi-fi password. Not sure if that is your problem like mine but I came accross this post and this helped me setup MyQ.

dcfef4bbb4bd40a39e19e6e310f7d854

Options
2023-09-28 17:41:23

@Espress0-0 yes . I get to that point and everything turns sour. As soon as I get home I will try your suggestion. Thanks for the reply!

Options
2023-09-28 19:39:32

@cwpizarro,

There are a few things that you can try to get started - however that process mentioned above is normally what helps users.

1 - Try Using the IoT Network as there are additional compatibility features available for cases like this

2 - Diasble the SPI Firewall Option of your Deco Network (I Jave seen multiple users state that this fixed the behavior)

3 - Try Changing your DNS server if the device is connected, just has no connection to the internet

4 - Make sure that UPnP is enabled for your Network, or that you have opened the correct ports listed on their site.

Options
2023-09-28 21:41:00

@Espress0-0 bro try it like 15 times... didn't work.

Thanks for your response.... will keep trying my options.

Options
2023-09-28 21:42:41
Thanks for the response. Tried your first suggestion. Didn’t work. The other suggestions, a little bit techie for me. Will talk to a friend to see if we can try your other suggestions. Thanks!
Options
2023-09-28 21:43:15

@cwpizarro are you trying it on an Apple phone or android phone? I know that sometimes my iOS Apple phone will connect to a network and realize there's no Internet connection and then it'll switch back to either cellular or jump back to a Wi-Fi connection. Then have to go into my home Wi-Fi and the iOS settings and tell it not to automatically connect

Options
2023-09-28 21:44:15
Also, try right before you’re about to connect to it rebooting your house Internet, so that there is no Wi-Fi reception that’s close then once your phone connects to the myQ device it might help
Options
2023-09-28 23:01:50 - last edited 2023-09-28 23:03:21

@cwpizarro Did you reset then relearn correctly? If you previously used to have MyQ setup then to the myQ app then go through the Wifi troubleshooting steps, otherwise you gotta make sure you get it in learn mode properly. Hold the square button to reset, then to learn you have to hit the Learn button 3 times & fast release.

Options
2023-09-30 12:39:59

@Ishbu if you don't mind me asking What model is your garage door opener?

Mine is the 8360WLB Garage door opener and my mesh WiFi is XE5300 (sold by Costco) and still haven't been able to connect them..

TIA

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2862

Replies: 16

Related Articles