Chamberlain & MyQ

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Chamberlain & MyQ

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Chamberlain & MyQ
Chamberlain & MyQ
2023-05-19 22:08:00
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I have the TP-Link AX50 wireless router. I'm Re-visiting the issue on the My-Q connection.  Have any recent updates or configurations been discovered to make this router compatible with Chamberlain's My-Q device? Chamberlain requests you verify inbound and outbound TCP port 8883 is open. I'm trying to avoid configuring the open ports. Thank you so much for your attention and participation. If there's already a thread that addresses this issue, thanks in advance for pasting the link to this thread!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Chamberlain & MyQ
2023-05-22 17:42:54

@JRSettles,

If you are not looking to configure open ports, you could always try enabling uPnP, which should automatically open and close the ports as traffic is detected.

What specific problems are you experiencing with your myQ device and your router?

The only issues that I have seen in the past are when a myQ device uses a Range Extender to connect to the network, or when a higher encryption/security protocol is used than what is supported by the device.

An odd solution for these cases was to create a Low Range IP Reservation for your MyQ device - as some users came up with the idea that the higher IPs were causing problems whenever their myQ would use one.

Lastly, if the device can connect to the network but the traffic seems to stop there, you may try changing the DNS server that your network is using to a common service such as Google or Cloudflare.

Options
2023-05-22 20:43:19

@Riley_S My setup stops short of connecting to the MyQ network to complete registering the device. In essence, it's not reaching the MyQ network in wifi and just times out with a simple "sorry unable to connect to the MyQ network" I've tried uPnP and changing the security settings, but none worked. I'm beginning to think this is a tp-link thing, and I'm better off buying a new wifi router. Unfortunately, I'm not a computer engineer, so I'm not up on the latest code and system config tricks for tp-link wifi routers. 

Riley_S wrote

@JRSettles,

If you are not looking to configure open ports, you could always try enabling uPnP, which should automatically open and close the ports as traffic is detected.

What specific problems are you experiencing with your myQ device and your router?

The only issues that I have seen in the past are when a myQ device uses a Range Extender to connect to the network, or when a higher encryption/security protocol is used than what is supported by the device.

An odd solution for these cases was to create a Low Range IP Reservation for your MyQ device - as some users came up with the idea that the higher IPs were causing problems whenever their myQ would use one.

Lastly, if the device can connect to the network but the traffic seems to stop there, you may try changing the DNS server that your network is using to a common service such as Google or Cloudflare.

Options
2023-05-22 22:49:42

@JRSettles,

I would recommend trying some of the steps that I mentioned above first, as I know some of these solutions have fixed similar behaviors for others. These FAQs should help guide you through the process:

How to configure Address Reservation on Wi-Fi Routers

How to Change the DNS Server of Your Archer Router

Do you happen to have a Range Extender or Access Point on the Network that the myQ device is connecting through?

also, Have you tried connecting the myQ device to either your guest network?

Options
2023-06-18 17:32:26

@JRSettles 

I recently switched to the AX90 and had the same issue until 5 minutes ago. I connected to the MYQ wifi from the opener and looked at the "router" IP. I typed that into the web browser and it took me to the MyQ/Opener setup. It saw all my networks right off the bat and I got reconnected to the opener without hassle. Finally!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 687

Replies: 4

Related Articles