Why my Deco M9 Plus frequently dropping wifi network, and showing red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 18:59:14
Tags: #Dropped Wifi in Deco system
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: v2

Why my Deco M9 Plus frequently dropping wifi network, and showing red light?  Every time the Deco dropped wifi network, I than had to reset each Deco nodes, and reset everything.  It is very anoying why Deco will not remember old settings, and auto-refresh all the settings after a self-reset???

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why my Deco M9 Plus frequently dropping wifi network, and showing red light
2023-10-23 19:38:32 - last edited 2023-10-23 19:39:19

@sunzi,

This is not the intended behavior of the nodes. IF a node were to disconnect, it should automatically reconnect with the same settings, oftentimes not even requiring a reboot and should not require a reset.

What firmware version are you running? The M9 Plus has recently received a few firmware updates for stability and bugs, so please make sure you have checked for any available firmware updates.

I would also recommend making sure that the Decos are setup as a Mesh and that they were not accidentally configured as their own network for each node.

Is there a pattern to when the nodes disconnect? How are the nodes connected to each other? How is the main deco connected to your modem?

Does bringing the satellite node into the same room as the main node allow it to automatically reconnect and communicate with the network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 1

Tags

Dropped Wifi in Deco system
Related Articles