Cannot delete old network after adding new one and consequently cannot reactivate HomeShield either.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot delete old network after adding new one and consequently cannot reactivate HomeShield either.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-21 20:56:50
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20230824 Rel. 74320

I have tried unsuccessfully to figure out why my download speed is 10 up to 50 mpps while my upload is 450- 600 mbps. Many hours before and after I spent about 4 or 5 hours with Deco support. Finally they sent me a whole new system. 3 unit Deco x55. 

When I when to install it I made one big mistake. I manually reset all three of my old Deco x55's and removed them from service then I went to install the new ones but I should have "deleted the old network' via my Deco app on my phone but I did not. Consequenty, in installing the new system I had to "add" a new network which I did and named it exactly the same as my old one. I got it set up o.k. but the old network still shows sometimes when you run the deco app. but I just have to switch networks and up come the new correct network.

In addition, I am not able to completely select/re-activate my HomeShield subcription to the new correct network. Consequently, I cannot turn it on via the security section of the Deco app.

How can I resolve these two issues?

Oh, by the way my download speed is still only -10 up to 50 mbps while my upload is 450- 600 mbps. If I connect directly to my fiber optic modem with my laptop via enet cable, I get my full duplex 600mbps up and down. so the Deco somehow is causing the problem I think. Maybe AI is making decisions. Interestingly, I have two remote Deco x55 connected to the main Deco x55 via wifi and one of them has my Amazon Fire TV Cube attached via wifi at 5mhz. It shows 275mbps download when I test it. So perhaps the overhead in the main Deco is the reason. Any thoughts. I have disabled QoS and also tried it on set at 1000 mbps.

Rich brito

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot delete old network after adding new one and consequently cannot reactivate HomeShield either.
2023-11-22 12:36:58

@RichBrito 

Hi, is there any error message when you couldn't apply the HomeShield service to the new Deco X55?

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

By the way, have you tried to delete the old Deco X55 network via Deco APP?

How to delete a network on the Deco app

As for the download speed issue, apart from the laptop and TV cube, have you tested on other devices, like your smartphone? How much speed on the mobile phone when it is connected to the 5GHz of the main Deco X55?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Cannot delete old network after adding new one and consequently cannot reactivate HomeShield either.
2023-11-22 16:28:03

@David-TP 

Tech support helped me resolve both issues. The app did not explicitly or intuitively display a button or highlight to delete the old network but the Tech support guy guided me where to select delete and it worked. and after a few minutes I was able to re-apply/ activate HomeShield Pro. successfully.

The tech suggested that I ask for a referral to engineering about my upside down though put where the upload is 10 times faster than the download. I suspect it is extra overhead on the "Main Deco" which supports HomeShieldPro software and my two other wifi connected satellite Deco 55's. I will likely attempt that after Thanksgiving. I have already spent dozens of hours on this.

But I would like to know how to "uninstall" HomeShield Pro software. The only thing I have found is how to unsubscribe. I would like to confirm whether or not HomeShield Pro is causing excessive overhead which leads to degradation of download performance.

Any Ideas?

Thanks David for responding.

Rich Brito

Options
Upload speed 10x that of download ????
2023-11-22 16:42:07

@David-TP 

Samsung S8 smart phones (2 of them) seem to perform normally around 46 Mbps down and 20 Mbps upload.l But one Toshiba laptop and 2 Dell laptops all display the upload speed as about 10x that of download. And this is on a 600 Mbps fiber optic ISP which I have confirmed when connected directly to the fiber optic modem from the Toshiba laptop so the software overhead on my laptops does not seem to be the limiting factor since I get full 600Mbs full duplex when testing with Ookla Speedtest configured exactly the same every time.

So I do not know how the AI is influencing operation but perhaps it is bias somehow. Both of my Amazon Fire TV Cubes perform well at 150 Mbs download for the 1st gen cube and the 3rd generation cube at 275 Mbps

My Ring Flood Cam works well at 2.4 Mhz but I cannot tell the actual throughput but it is responsive as opposed to my laptops and phones.

Really interesting but frustrating as well. I am suspect of HomeShield as slowdown was around but not confirmed the time of its activation.

Rich Brito

Options