Foscam G2 cannot be set up to on WIFI

2024-02-05 22:28:24
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20231023 rel.42641(5553)

The Foscam G2 camera works fine when connected via ethernet. When you try to set up the camera on WIfI it is unable to connect. The camera uses security protocol WPA/WPA2. Neither WPA or WPA2 is available as a protocol selection, the closest is WPA2-PSK{AES].  Even though Acher specs say WPA2 by itself is supported. Further this camera was working on WIFI on a Netgear router until it broke and i bought this thing. Also even when the camera is on ethernet IPCam viewer cannot connect. I think there is a security mismatch....Rudi

Options
8 Reply
Re:Foscam G2 cannot be set up to on WIFI
2024-02-06 00:30:29

@Rudi-F 

Try these wireless settings to connect the IP camera:

eae15f97dc9e4f00b6f7b528cecfe7d1

If the IP camera still can't connect set this one as well:

888267046a99427ea169546b8620a6bb

and try again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-15 21:18:08
The problem is really that once you connect the camer via ethernet the router does not seem to see or look for WIFI signal.
Options
2024-03-16 01:17:13

@Rudi-F 

I would suspect you need to do a factory reset on the camera and reset it up.

Options
2024-03-16 01:31:01

@Rudi-F 

It's really one or the other thing.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-16 11:36:43

@terziyski Are you suggesting that a WIFI capable device one used via Ethernet cannot be addressed via WIFI?

Options
2024-03-16 13:31:04

@Rudi-F 

No, I've meant that if you use the ethernet port of the camera you won't be able to use its wireless connection at the same time and vice versa.

As has been suggested probably its best to reset the camera and re-add it again.

Options
2024-03-16 19:07:07

terziyski wrote

@Rudi-F 

No, I've meant that if you use the ethernet port of the camera you won't be able to use its wireless connection at the same time and vice versa.

As has been suggested probably its best to reset the camera and re-add it again.

@terziyski Thanks, I will have to think about that because I don't know how to set up a different port for WIFI. As an aside when you set up the camera and while you are looking at the video from  a menu you select set up on WIFI, the software scans for SSID, prompts for password and, if ok you pull the cable ad you sre on WIFI. I wonder how my old Netgear router which broke handled that so seamlessly.

Options
2024-03-16 19:21:28

@Rudi-F 

All routers work with the same basic specs and handle Ethernet and WIFI the same for the most part. So I do not think it is a router issue.

If a device is used on a different router for WIFI, sometimes it will not connect due to the device security features. You need to delete/forget the network and reset the network connection. Happens a lot on Apple devices, but also others. Some devices, you need to reset to factory to reset the network settings. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 8

Related Articles