Online game play Nintendo switch

2024-03-22 18:43:12
Tags: #Nintendo online

I have T-Mobile 5g internet tower with deco router. I can't figure out how to allow online game play for our Nintendo switch. I want to play with other players online for some of the games

Options
2 Reply
Re:Online game play Nintendo switch
2024-03-22 22:17:35 - last edited 2024-03-22 22:17:43

Hey @Buttercup23456,

There should be no settings that would block online gameplay by default. What and Where are you seeing the problem? What error is being shown?

I would also check your parental control / HomeShield settings for any entries that could be blocking traffic or apps.

You may consider changing your DNS service to use a common service such as Google or Cloudflare; this may redirect your traffic in a way that allows the connection if the problem exists outside of your network.

Otherwise, can you provide additional information, such as what your network configuration looks like, such as if you are connecting to a wireless satellite Deco node, and what device from your ISP you are connecting the Deco to? What type of Decos are you using?

Options
Re:Online game play Nintendo switch
2024-03-23 05:50:40 - last edited 2024-03-23 05:55:09

Hi  @Buttercup23456!

Our Nintendo Switch works great with my Deco X55 Mesh Network. I didn't have to make any changes just setup the Switch and we started playing. I can't think of anything other than what @Riley_S  mentioned it could be something in Parental Controls if that's a feature being used. 

Really strange it's not working. If I happen to come across any info about others having issues and what they did to resolve it, I'll let you know.

I only use Cloudflare for my DNS configuration. I tried Google and one other but Cloudfare is the bomb!

Good Luck!! 

Always Be Kind
Options