S4 Data Hang

S4 Data Hang

S4 Data Hang
S4 Data Hang
2024-06-10 03:01:35
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20231228 Rel 59072

Mesh stopped sending all wired network data - Wireless works. I am running in AP Mode. LED was red - I had to reboot it, but why? How come it didn't resolve this by itself? I don't know hardware version - there is nothing on the label, and the Deco app doesn't show the hardware version.

Options
4 Reply
Re:S4 Data Hang
2024-06-13 18:52:10

Hi @Statue,

Thanks for joining the community. 

Were there any network events prior to the symptom manifesting, such as a firmware update or Internet loss?

Has the symptom resurfaced since you rebooted your Deco?

Options
2024-06-14 00:52:18

@Ryan 

Hello Ryan:

On the first question, I don't know - I just came home from work and the LED was red. On the second question yes and no - I do 3D printing. The day after the reboot, the connection went down then back uo several times over the course of 8 hours. The LED did not turn red, however. During that time, no firmware updates, no Internet outages, but LED aside, the symptoms were the same - no communication over the wired Ethernet connection, but I had communication over Wifi. I just tried to get into it to check the logs - it's not accepting my password.

Lance

Options
2024-06-17 22:25:36

@Statue 

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

How many Deco nodes are in your network?

Are all of them connected via Ethernet or just the main node?

If multiple nodes are in use, have you tried swapping out the main node for another? Instructions on how to do this can be found here.

Were you able to successfully log back into your TP-Link ID/Deco app account?

Options
2024-06-18 00:56:59

@Ryan Hello Ryan:

Many thanks for trying to help me - unfortunately, the Decos became too unstable and I had to take them out and replace them with something else. I had two (active) nodes, they were approximately 12 feet apart with almost no obstructions. They were configured in access point/range extender configuration. What I was trying to do was provide Wifi for the room that has the Deco connected to the wired router, then in another room, connect a desktop PC wired to the Deco there. When the problem would occur, I could use a Wifi device to ping another Wifi device with no problem, but could not ping the router or systems on the wired network. It had been working fine since I got them up until about a week ago.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 4

Related Articles