Need extender for BE11000 mesh network

Monday
Model: Deco BE11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to extend the IoT portion of my BE11000 network.  The three BE11000 devices all use wireless backhaul, and work well. However, there are a few outside IoT devices that do not recieve a signal or a weak and interrmetent signal. I probably will not be able to run ethernet to the extender, but can place it where it should get a signal from one of the BE11000 devices that can be relayed to the more distant IoT sensors.

Of course, I would like to do this in a way that does not compromise the mesh network performance. Extending only the 2.4Ghz network portion is what is necessary.  

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need extender for BE11000 mesh network
Monday

Hey @CRB11112222,

As you have a Deco Network, you have quite a few options available to you. Since you will be using a wireless connection to your extender, I would recommend simply choosing and adding another Deco Node to your network. All Decos are meant to work together so you do not need to get another BE11000 (although it will provide a better experience). Since you are looking for just the 2.4Ghz Network, you could look at adding something like a Deco X55 to your network. Using another Deco will allow you to manage the entire network and see all your devices from one app.

You can use typical Range Extenders and Wired APs with your Mesh, but they are far more likely to interfere with the network performance or introduce extra interference than using another Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 38

Replies: 1

Related Articles