Option to keep the smart switch's internal relay closed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-26 03:37:55

I have HS200P3 single pole switches and HS220P3 dimmers and I am pretty happy with the ability of the Kasa app's Smart Actions being able to control a different Kasa device with a switch. This got me thinking: could I control hardwired Kasa bulbs with my Kasa switches? Obviously I can turn on and off the power with a single pole switch, but I'm guessing the interaction of the dimmer with a smart bulb will not be great and the bulb would initially go to its power-on state when initially turned on. (Also, Smart Actions doesn't seem to have any interaction with the dimmer controls.)

I know some other smart switches support being able to just disable the internal relay in the smart switch (closing the circuit) so that a smart bulb can be bound to the smart switch and still retain the ability to be dimmed (or have the color changed). Is something like this on the roadmap for the Kasa switches?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 616

Replies: 0

Related Articles