Kasa Smart switches keep disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-02 06:07:29
Model: HS220   HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

Hi All,

I have a few Kasa (single pole and triple pole) dimmers and switches. They were all working 100% fine and never disconnecting when I had them setup through my TP-Link Deco M9 app and also in the Kasa app. I am also using Alexa for home automation.

Few months ago I changed my ISP plan and do not use the TP-Link Deco M9's. I named my new network the same as my old so everything reconnected including the Kasa switches. Since then the switches that were being managed by TP-Link deco keep disconnecting and reconnecting. Its almost like they lose network connecting and reconnect. They are also slow to respond at times when I try to turn them on/off using Alexa. Alexa usually says its unable to reach the switch but then a few seconds later the switch will turn on or off as requested.

I also recently added some more switches which are brand new. Those switches do not exhibit this behavior and continue to work flawlessly without any disconnection issues.

So far I have tried the below without any luck, problem continues to happen:

- Deleting the switch from Kasa as well as Alexa and adding it again - factory reset the switch and reconnect it with the current network - reboot the router multiple times - restart the switch

Please advice if anyone thinks they know what is causing this behavior.

Thanks,

Ken

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart switches keep disconnecting
2022-12-07 12:49:39 - last edited 2022-12-07 12:50:21

Hi   @Mftohfa 

Thank you for reaching out to the community and taking time writing a detailed post

May I know the model of your new router, it is single AP/router or a mesh system? Will the Wifi Led go Red on the switch or stay Green when the issue happens? 

• Please confirm the switch receive strong Wifi signal at the current location as mentioned in the FAQ below
  • Please check if there is any advanced Wireless settings like Smart connect on the router and for test purpose you can shut it off and see if that helps. 
  • You can learn more tips to troubleshooting offine issue in this guide: 

What should I do if my Kasa device (smart plug, smart lighting) keeps losing connection or going Offline?

If still the same, you can setup the old switch to the router Guest Wifi network , or connect it to the old AP/ Deco and see if the offline behavior stops. Thank you for your time with troubleshooting~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 1

Related Articles