WiFi password changed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi password changed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi password changed
WiFi password changed
2021-07-28 19:32:39
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Can't tell

Hello, 

I have several smart plugs installed. 

Yesterday I had to change my WiFi password. Now i can't access any of the plugs and can't find a way to change the WiFi settings of the plugs. 

I know it would be possible to remove the plugs and reinstall them but that is NOT an option because I specifically payed more money to have the HS110 for the energy consumption logging. It is unacceptable that the one feature I bought this hardware for will be nullified just because the network settings change. 

Can anyone provide another solution to this? 

I am not a programmer, but obviously the WiFi password has to be stored either in the app or in the plugs, so it has to be changeable. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi password changed
2021-07-29 08:16:14

@Dr.Escher Hello, 

If wireless settings are changed on router, smart device will disconnect from Wi-Fi . And we will need to set up the plug again after factory reset it, the resin tall  just like phones and laptops reconnecting to Wi-Fi.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2648/

If you want to check the old Power consumption settings, you may change Wi-Fi password back and restart plug and see if it could connect back the original Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 682

Replies: 1

Related Articles