HS220 stops respoding to network or physical switch. Circle light is on solid white.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS220 stops respoding to network or physical switch. Circle light is on solid white.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 03:31:57
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

My KS220M is configured with motion detection disabled because it turns off after 30 seconds whether I am in the room or not.

If has functioned properly for days, turning on and off by the switch, by using amazon Echo/Alexa, and by using the kasa application.

However, it periodically becomes unresponsive.    The switch has a lighted (white) circle on it.   The switch fails to turn the lights on.  The Internet applications fail to detect th switch.

Using Reset or Reboot fails to get the switch working.   I've sat in the dark for 1/2 hour, looking at the forum, finding no help.   As I type this email, the lights came on and the switch became responsive.   

Go Figure.   What was it doing for the last hour?!?!?

-dan'l

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 stops respoding to network or physical switch. Circle light is on solid white.
2021-12-30 07:29:22

Hello@digger-42 

If Smart switch can not turn/ off the light manually , that's usually something to do the wiring in the wall.

Please confirm the wiring in the wall are properly connected, not get loose or  disconnected. 

You could monitor the performance of KS220M for now, I will create support email , you may help confirm some case details if same thing happens.

Thank you.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 1