Connection to alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection to alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection to alexa
Connection to alexa
2022-04-29 19:23:13
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.8

I can't get my Alexa app to connect to my new switch 

I have added tp-link skill

it does work with the Kasa app

it works manually 

"device is not found" using Alexa app

thank you 

roland

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection to alexa
2022-04-29 19:51:11

@Stuck1961 I had similar problem a month or so back - https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/538510 except that it had been working normally, then suddenly quit (otherwise the same in that it worked fine with Kasa app, but Alexa could not communicate with it) 

The solution I found was just to delete the device in the Kasa App, then re-discover/install it - after doing that, it worked with Alexa. 

Options
2022-04-29 23:31:59

@DEcosse t

Options
2022-04-30 10:41:27

@Stuck1961 

If Alexa app does not find the smart device after you authorize the tp-link account, please confirm you have authorized the correct email account, the email used on Kasa APP.

If Alexa says ' No new device found' that means Alexa could has found the kasa device you could control it directly. 

Here is a guide that might help: 

What should I do if I cannot make my Kasa device work with Alexa or Google Home?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 3

Related Articles