Kasa Smart Plug lost comm with Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 02:37:06
Model: KP125  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

We have a Google Home and got a Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim for the Energy Monitoring capability. This was our first Kasa and it seemed to work great with the Kasa App on my phone to program and get it connected to the Google Home network. I had some small issues programing it to the Google Home initially, but finally got it loaded to the Google Home app on my phone. It worked great and the Kasa schedule worked and it reported Energy usage as desired. Then suddenly last Friday I noticed it no longer communicating with the Google Home, but the Kasa App shows it still online and the schedule is working. I have searched the Google Forums and KB articles without any luck and I have searched the Kasa KB and forums also with no luck.  So I am hoping others might have an idea on what is occuring?

Thanks,

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Plug lost comm with Google Home
2022-08-03 01:41:36 - last edited 2022-08-03 01:47:18

@Andhanni 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Recently there isn't any known outage occurring, you could try some tips here relink your kasa device first. 

• Please ensure your Kasa APP/ Google home APP and Kasa device firmware are up-to-date. 
  • Make sure you can control Kasa plug remotely in Kasa APP when phone is on LTE or mobile data
  • Then unlink Kasa device in Google Home app  and relink it in Google Home and observe the performance. 

How to connect your TP-Link Kasa devices to Google Home

If this happens again, please help take a screenshot of error in Google home APP, and share the MAC address of your smart plug with us via private message. 

Options
2022-08-05 07:56:31

Hello  @Andhanni May I know was the problem get solved now? Feel free to let us know for any further observations, thank you.

Options
2022-11-20 18:10:11 - last edited 2022-11-20 18:48:50

@Solla-topee  It's a problem again now, both with Google and Alexa. Mine is the EP10 Plug.  Unlinking and relinking didn't do it, but I just removed it from the app, cleared it from both Google and Alexa and then Hard Reset the device and started from scratch and now it works again. PITA

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 510

Replies: 3