Upgraded to Kasa 3.0.0 on my phone. All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-27 18:20:20 - last edited 2022-11-23 11:57:34

Not very pleased right now. After this I went onto my iPad (which still had the old version installed) to see if I could still see them, and the app FORCED me to update. They don't show on here either. Did anybody actually test this release???

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Upgraded to Kasa 3.0.0 on my phone. All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE-Solution
2022-09-28 20:39:23 - last edited 2022-09-28 23:45:07

@Riley_S 

Looks like all my stuff is back for the time being, and it's functioning...not sure what you all did but thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
[Solution] Smart Action & Scene settings are gone in the Kasa APP 3.0-Solution
2022-10-11 12:32:08 - last edited 2022-10-11 12:41:26

Hello everyone, 

Glad to know the  Smart Action and Scenes now appears and works you. Here we'd like to share some details about the fix, so the new community users can get an overview of it. You are free to Start a New Thread for any further feedback. 

Phenomenon: 

Some may find the previous Smart Action and Scenes settings in the previous app disappears after upgrade to new Kasa APP 3.0 app

Solution: 

Fixed around Sep 28th,  2022.  You hould be able to see the Smart Action and Scene entries comes back directly. ( with no need for changing settings or reinstalling the app) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
This topic will be closed later after the fix. For any other feedback,  please Start a New Thread in the community, you may share some information below to help solve the problem:    1. The Kasa APP version   2. A photo of the settings or error message   3. Model of your mobile device and its Andriod or IOS version 

Thank you again for the feedback . 

Related Articles:

[New Kasa APP] Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options
19 Reply
Re:Upgraded to Kasa 3.0.0 on my phone. All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE
2022-09-27 18:51:21 - last edited 2022-09-27 19:25:35

@mgudites 

...and as usual, TP-Link's stellar support crew doesn't disappoint. Wow. "Just resetup." Not "I'm going to let the engineers know," not "we'll figure this out and restore your content," just "go set it up again."

96314149e0a5440b819665bff2128cb4

Options
2022-09-27 23:16:36

@mgudites,

I'll let them know for sure, the app is just now being released and you are the first to report anything about it, even being able to download it; as the app is not yet available on the App Stores for our teams. And yes, once that application updates to the 3.0 Version, you will be requested to update the other applications using the account too. I would assume that the transition to the new application involved some sort of large backend change, and that the new smart actions would only serve to confuse older applications, especially once configuring more than 3.

I'm sorry to hear that your automations disappeared, I will have to check with the team to see if this is a result of the new systems in place, or was an unfortunate fluke.

Given how many changes and additions were made to the Automation Systems, such as Adding Additional Smart Actions, or even just the new creation flow; I would not be surprised if this is a side effect. 

I do not believe that we can restore any content or automation that were created on an account, unfortunately.

However, I will recommend to everyone to reconfigure their smart actions and automations using the new systems, to make sure that they are operating as efficiently as possible. The additional Smart Actions and features should now allow you to condense a lot of what you were doing previously, and is much easier to configure now.

One change I just noticed is that Auto Off Timers can now expand up to a 24Hr Period rather than the previous 180 minutes

Options
2022-09-28 00:12:09

@Riley_S 

Riley_S wrote

@mgudites,

I would assume that the transition to the new application involved some sort of large backend change, and that the new smart actions would only serve to confuse older applications, especially once configuring more than 3.

I mean, if that's the case, shouldn't customers at least have received a warning that all their stuff was going to be erased? Recreating all that is a pain, and then there's fixing all the broken Alexa routines etc. 

Options
2022-09-28 00:30:37

@mgudites,

Don't worry, I'm with you. I already sent a message to our engineers asking about the situation. I am pretty sure that I keep the automations that I had created when I first upgraded but I cannot remember for certain. If I hear that this could happen to others, I will immediately try to put warnings throughout the community.

Is there anything unusual that may have happened during the update process,  or any unusual network setups that might make your situation different than a typical user?

Also, What broke in the Alexa Routines? as far as I understood, the backend connections to other services would be unaffected.

Options
2022-09-28 01:15:39

Riley_S wrote

@mgudites,

Don't worry, I'm with you. I already sent a message to our engineers asking about the situation. I am pretty sure that I keep the automations that I had created when I first upgraded but I cannot remember for certain. If I hear that this could happen to others, I will immediately try to put warnings throughout the community.

Is there anything unusual that may have happened during the update process,  or any unusual network setups that might make your situation different than a typical user?

Also, What broke in the Alexa Routines? as far as I understood, the backend connections to other services would be unaffected.

Nothing unusual during the upgrade; it went really smoothly. No unusual setups!

The link to Alexa is still good. But, my existing Alexa routines are broken because there are Kasa Scenes that they're trying to run, and now cannot. 

Options
2022-09-28 01:40:44 - last edited 2022-09-28 01:59:09

Hello, 

I'd like to chime in in case you need this information, here is an introduction of the new Kasa APP 3.0.

Kasa APP 3.0 

In this major APP update, some UI design has changed and updated.

The previous Smart Action now moved into Featured Smart Action-Smart Action part , now more than 3 smart action rules are supported

The Scene has updated and now has two options

• Enable/ Disable Smart Action 
  • Control Smart Devices

If you would like to set up Scene, click '+' icon to add a new scene > select Control Smart Device> add a smart device > choose device status like ON/OFF/ set a ' On' duration etc. > add more smart device > save the settings. You could learn more details from the  Kasa APP 3.0 thread.

Options
2022-09-28 15:29:23 - last edited 2022-09-28 15:29:35

@mgudites "Just add them again?'  In our house we have 5 iPads, and 5 iPhones, which all need scenes added to each of them, just to turn off our lights going to bed!

And to top it off you didn't even thing about syncing user data over iCloud so when one device is moved to the new app, all scenes sync across all the users devices.

Can anyone confirm I am posting in a forum for SMART devices in the SMART home, in a SMART Home Community, and that this is happening in the year 2022?  'cause it sure doesn't feel real to me!

TP Link and your software designers and testers need to be called out on this.  Your plugs, apps, and engineers are NOT very smart.

Options
2022-09-28 18:52:06

@SpaceDesign,

I am a little confused at what your are experiencing. You should only be required to setup the Smart Actions and Scenes once for your TP-Link ID, as all of the actions will be transferred automatically to any other devices that are using the same TP-Link ID because the Smart Action is stored on the cloud and not on the device. If for some reason the scenes do not load into your other devices, I would recommend logging out and logging back into the app.

Options
2022-09-28 19:37:19

@Riley_S 

I can see somhow you guys have now activated existing scenes to appear in the Scenes tab on the app.

But none are working, pressing on them doesnt activate them.

In addition the app is popping up a window saying "Network is Unstable, please try again later"

I dont know weather to laugh or cry at the mess you guys have created for so many...

Options
Re:Upgraded to Kasa 3.0.0 on my phone. All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE-Solution
2022-09-28 20:39:23 - last edited 2022-09-28 23:45:07

@Riley_S 

Looks like all my stuff is back for the time being, and it's functioning...not sure what you all did but thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1815

Replies: 19

Related Articles