KL430 preset not saving brightness and speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-26 00:38:27
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I set up the KL430 per the given instructions and was able to have it up and running (rainbow effect 100%, wifi connected). I was able to make changes through the Kasa App (v3.1.2, build 1318, on iPhone 14 Pro). But I am having issues saving effects with custom brightness and animation speed. A specific example is when I tried to create a Customized Effect based on Aurora with reduced animation speed (and changed a few colors). I would save it as a new Customized Effect "Aurora 1". Then, I would go back to the main page, and under Brightness tab turn it down from 100% to 15%. Then, I add it to one of the five Presets at the top of the screen. Then under Schedule, I add a New Schedule to Use a Preset and turn it on at, say 5:00 pm, and Save. The outcome is that it would turn on at 5:00pm at 100% brightness (significantly brighter than 15%) and at the fast animation speed default to Aurora.

I tried a different phone (iPhone 13 Pro) with same issue. I tried to factory reset the light strip, but the issue persisted. I tried to save the Preset from the Effects screen to see if it was a bug, but it resulted in the same problem.

More details: 

The slower animation speed appears to be saved on screen when going back to the customized effect "Aurora 1" to edit. But the actual speed itself was still fast when I tapped on the custom effect. I don't understand why it would save the slower speed, yet deliver the default speed.

The custom brightness seems to also be saved to the preset but the issue seems to be with the Scheduler. I can cycle through the presets with double-tapping the physical button on the light strip controller, and I would get the 15% brightness. But when the scheduler calls for the preset to turn on, it would turn on at 100% brightness. I can have the scheduler turn on a static white or colored light presets at 15%, but for some reason it will only turn on a customized effect preset at 100%. I cannot find an automated way to turn it down.

Does anyone else have these issues? How did you overcome them? This is really limiting my application as I am using it to light up my house number light, and 100% is blindingly bright. I was hoping to use it for decorating with RGB during the holiday season, but it is getting really hard to control.

de3257f16d4c43b1bec4c3d1d2f0cca3

5ec577810766458c9e60f14a54e49156

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 0