Kasa camera timeout on same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-27 13:45:18
Tags: #Live View #Continuous Streaming
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

Our Motorola baby monitor broke so I thought I would try to repurpose one of my Kasa cameras as a baby monitor to see if it would meet the need. One of the key requirements is that, especially when my child is sick, I can have audio on at night since the bedroom is on the other side of the house. 

Last night I tried to use it but noticed I got the "Continue Streaming" message every 10 mins, and it seems like the audio cut out too. Looking up the FAQ, this should only happen when outside the network or using a third party device (like Echo), or when multiple phones are streaming at once, but it was just my phone and I'm on the same network (both my phone and the camera have a strong wifi signal). If I'm able to figure this out I will likely buy another  Kasa camera to put back in the original location I repurposed this one from. If not, I'll need to resort to a dedicated baby camera... 

Options