HS200 Possible to press paddle without changing state of line/load switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 11:39:36
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a requirement to be able to change the state of the relay that controls mains on the LOAD circuit independantly of pressing the paddle for on/off.  In particular, this will be controlled by a smart home hub, and during the day, it operates normally.  Press the on paddle, light turns on, press off and light turns off.

The bulb I will be using is a TP-Link LB125 full color bulb, and at night what I'm trying to do get the following.  When you press the on paddle, the bulb turns on full brightness, but when you press the off paddle, the LOAD circuit stays powered on, and the smart home hub dims the light to a low level to act as a nightlight.

This means that I need the switch to be able to inform the hub via UDP messages on port 9999 when the paddle is pressed (on or off), but leave the  LOAD circuit alone.  During the day, the hub willl send another UDP message to the switch on port 9999 commanding it to change the state if the LOAD circuit.

So does the HS200 allow this sort of independant operation of the paddle and LOAD relay?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 Possible to press paddle without changing state of line/load switch
2023-04-03 08:11:00

@dgnuff 

Hi,
The HS200 is an on/off smart switch that can't meet your requirements. And our Kasa bulbs can't be dimmed via a hardware switch.
Best Regards

Options