Pressing Button for Light to stay on KS200M

Pressing Button for Light to stay on KS200M

26 Reply
Re:Pressing Button for Light to stay on KS200M
2023-12-29 22:56:41

Any updates on this?  I specifically ordered this switch with the understanding that multiple scenarios could be programmed.

Ideally, you'd be able to add several  smart control rules. 

1) If light is triggered by motion then do...

2) If light is triggered by manual switch single tap then do...

3) If light is triggered by manual switch double tap...

4) If light is triggered by manual switch long hold...

They would not conflict with each other.  Triggering any manual rule would override the motion rule and other manual rules.   They are mutually exclusive.

Assuming the motion rule gets triggered as I move toward the switch, my hitting the switch would turn then turn the light off, killing the motion rule.  I would then hit the switch again

to manually activate it, engaging the manual rule.

It would be nice to trigger different rules with single tap vs double tap, vs long press.  For example, single tap keeps light on for 1 hour, but long press keeps it on till you manually turn it off.  These would be user configurable smart control rules, but again, only one would be active at a time.

Can you let us know if this functionality has been accepted and added to the developer backlog?  If so, when could we expect to have it available?

Options
2023-12-30 02:34:01

@phxcliff 

I'm just reiterating this comment and the others above that I expected more granular control over manual control, motion detection time, and one thing no one else has mentioned: the capability to isolate the motion detector entity to use with Home Assistant. As it is, my KS200Ms are almost worse than regular switches in many of the rooms I have put them in, because I can't control the motion detection functionality beyond some very basic options. I also would like to be able use the motion detector to trigger other lights in the same room without triggering the switch's lights more than once in X time period...but since TP-link has hidden that functionality, all I can do is trigger other objects based on whether or not the motion switch is ON or OFF. 

It's this sort of short-sightedness by so-called "smart home" vendors that have made programming an actual smart home that does what you want nigh impossible without performing months of painstaking research to make sure you have every component exactly as needed. The default stance should be to allow us to do what we want with these devices, rather than hamstringing us and forcing us to rely on your elementary app. It would behoove TP-Link to just open the device firmware and let the users do most of the work by coming up with interesting programs and macros. Especially when you take into consideration the price of these things. I honestly could have more functionality (the manual single tap, double tap, hold for example) with a cheaper dumb motion switch. What gives? 

Options
2024-01-05 18:05:18

@Jwelte i cannot believe there is no setting for how long device stays on ..... come on TPlink fix this ASAP

Options
2024-01-07 06:59:08

@Solla-topee 

I will also echo that I would like a way to manually over ride to keep the lights on.

In my case, I have a Smart Control rule set up so the light turns on with motion and turns off after 1 min of no motion between the hours of 6pm and 6am.

However, sometimes at night during a time within the rule, I want to be able to leave the house, and have that light on so it appears that someone is home with the lights on.  I doesn't happen frequently enough that I want to set up a "schedule" or an "away" control for it. I just want to be able to somehow manually override the command so I can keep the light on either with the physical wall switch or a setting on the app.

Right now, I have to turn "Smart Control" off, which works, but then I have to try and remember to turn it back on again which is a hassle. There should be a way to manually override this. 

Options
2024-01-16 02:07:15

Has there been a solution to it yet? The light keeps turning off during shower. This is not a simple feature request, it is essential functionality to use the switch in the bathroom.

Options
2024-01-26 21:19:10

@Solla-topee 

I am following this thread and waiting patiently for an update release that will solve these issues. I have a question and 2 feature requests:

- Will any update for KS200M model also work on KS220M model?

feature requests:

1- Add more smart actions which the app is already capable of but currently with limited smart actions.

For example:

WHEN motion is triggered, THEN disable motion sensor for 30 min - 2 hours.

2- I should be able to control the motion sensor using Alexa\google voice commands separately from the light.

For example: 

Disable the motion sensor using Alexa\google voice commands. 

Options
2024-01-28 13:03:36

@Solla-topee what is the status of enabling both the switch button to keep the light on, and using motion to turn it on? 

this is very annoying and should be listed in the packaging descriptions where the unit is sold. 

Options
2024-03-29 18:54:41

@Xystraa 

Xystraa wrote

Has there been a solution to it yet? The light keeps turning off during shower. This is not a simple feature request, it is essential functionality to use the switch in the bathroom.

We need a solution to this TP LINK

Options
2024-04-04 15:10:41 - last edited 2024-04-04 15:12:02

Just installed mine as well, I purchased these awhile back and cannot them anymore. If this function doesn't exist, theres no point as I need manual on/off as well!!!!!!!

I've seen youtube videos that Leviton devices has this function, I'll give those a try and report back. This is ridicules this option was removed by firmware.

Options
3 weeks ago

Osugrad wrote

@rgamino13 Looks to me like they got rid of this option with the firmware 1.0.11.  I also relied on the ability to have the switch turn the lights on when it detected motion and turn them off after motion was no longer detected AND the ability to turn the lights on manually at the switch if I wanted the lights to remain on until I turned them off manually.  This manual option worked before the firmware update and did NOT work after the firmware update. And, the instructions that are being given by TP-Link personnel in this forum regarding using so-called "Smart Control" setting does NOT return this feature.  Using Smart Control to restore this Manual Off feature requires that you turn off the motion off feature, so you can have either one or the other, but not both. I contacted tp-link directly about this and they gave me the same run-around regarding Smart Control and they asked me if it stayed on if I used the app to turn the light on (shouldn't they know the answer, and btw the answer is NO, if motion sensing is on for turning the light off, the light will turn off anytime no motion is sensed, regardless of how the light was initially turned on).

@Osugrad 

Stuff like this makes regret buying TP Link products, when they can just remove existing features with a update and break the product for no reason and no support 

Options