Pressing Button for Light to stay on KS200M

Pressing Button for Light to stay on KS200M

26 Reply
Re:Pressing Button for Light to stay on KS200M
3 weeks ago

HTO wrote

Just installed mine as well, I purchased these awhile back and cannot them anymore. If this function doesn't exist, theres no point as I need manual on/off as well!!!!!!!

I've seen youtube videos that Leviton devices has this function, I'll give those a try and report back. This is ridicules this option was removed by firmware.

@HTO Please do report back here if you have any luck with the levitron switch. I will gladly trash this TP-Link switch and go with the levitron switch if it has the physical option to turn on the switch manually and have it stay on, regardless of motion detection, then go back to motion activation once it is turned off. I have already stopped purchasing TP-Link products specifically because of this issue. Looking forward to your report!

Options
3 weeks ago
I'm just going to try these with a manual override button from home Intermatic-IOS-Series-500-Watt-Occupancy-Switch-with-Manual-Override-In-Wall-Decorator-150-Degree-Coverage-Pattern-White-IOS-DSIF-WH/301952217 Amazon has a few options with the button as well.
Options
3 weeks ago
Great job TP, i will never buy any of your products again.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee    It is too bad to lose a feature that was initially put out with the device and then removed via firmware update.  
Your response that they conflict doesn't really make sense as motion versus an actual mechanical button being pressed are very different. It would only make sense to me to allow someone to manually turn on the switch. Have it stay on until it's manually turned off. versus the Smart control where motion turns it off and it automatically times off after five minutes to have some automated implies no manual intervention, such as turning off the Smart control. If you want the light to stay on, Kasa switches have special features for things like double taps, etc., it doesn't make sense why this motion sensor switch wouldn't be able to facilitate that or as it seems the developers don't want to allow that as apparently it used to be able to process those feature 

Options
3 weeks ago
@Osugrad Hey, I'm hto forgot my login so i created poopoopoo. The leviton is manual "on" but still auto off as well. Looks like physical hardware switch override is the only solution if your outlet isn't a two switch. I'm going to try "hardwire an additional light switch" together and report back. This is what led me there, googlr rayzeek blog/how-to-install-a-motion-sensor-light-switch Waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much time, annoyance, madness and troubleshooting for something Kasa removed with firmware. Disgusting
Options
3 weeks ago

@Poopoopoo Thanks for the report. I would have returned mine if I could. When I purchased the switch I expected it to have manual override by manually turning it on at the switch and it did have that function. But about a month after my return window with Amazon had expired, the pushed that firmware through and the feature went away I sure did not see any improvement of anything with the firmware update, but I can't imagine that they removed this feature on purpose, but maybe they did. Anyway, their response, or lack there of, has resulted in them losing me as a customer forever. I will never buy another TP-Link product if they can take away features through firmware updates.

Options