KP400 Smart Plugs losing Internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 19:38:35
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have identical PC computers in two hoomes 1,000 miles apart. The PCs are connected to KASA KP400 plugs (although they are used indoors, I use these because they have two outlets). The PCs are set to shut down and startup on sensing loss or re-supply of power. The plugs lose internet connectivity often making it impossible to control them remotely.

I occasionally have someone physically un-/re-plug them and they do regain connectivity, but only briefly.

I must  hjave 50-60 devices using WiFi in the location in question and those devices never go offline, but the KP 400's seem to lose theire connection regularly. This defeats the purpose for which I am trying ot use them.
Can anybody help? Any ideas why this happens?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KP400 Smart Plugs losing Internet connectivity
2023-04-24 06:21:59

@9250 

Hi,
In this case, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
What should I do if my Kasa device keeps losing connection or going Offline?

And if the issue remains, please help confirm the following information to look into further.
1. Please let me know the test results of the above tips.
2. Led status on a smart device when it is offline: Red/ Flashing Green/ Solid Green etc. (For Kasa plug)
3. When an issue occurs, does the smart device work in the local network? 
For a test, connect your mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network at that time and see if the Kasa device is still accessible in the local network.
4. The model number of the Wi-Fi router and your network topology:
e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> Kasa device
5. How often does the issue happen, and how does recover the connection, like rebooting the smart plug or rebooting the router?
Best Regards

Options
Re:KP 400 Smart Plugs losing Internet connectivity
2023-04-24 20:37:05

@Solla-topee 

Hello and thanks for your help.

The lights on the KP400's go out, indicating they are not connected to my network or to the Internet (seen via an IP camera).

I am able to see more than 60 other devices on the network when I do connect to the remote PC (with manual intervention to un-/re-plug the KP400 plugs so the PC starts).

All other devices are visible and accessible remotely - cameras, IP switches and even other KASA plugs(!).

Re-booted the router and, for 2 days now, the KP 400s remain accessible so maybe it's just one of those weird network glitches.

With the same setup in the current location, I am preparing to go to the remote location so I will have a chance to see more closely what is happening there.
Had just hoped that these KP 400s would be my reliable answer ot getting remote access to the PC on either end.

Will report any other fiindings.

Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 2

Related Articles