Issues since firmware update

2023-09-12 23:33:39
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I updated my Deco sometime after 9/4/23, after I got the notification that a firmware update was available. 

Ever since, it just keeps disconnecting. I will get notifications on all connected devices that Wi-Fi has no internet connection, go to the Deco app, yep no internet connection. All lights on my modem are green. Normally if there's something wrong with my ISP or the modem, at least one of the lights will be red, orange, or just not lit up. So it's not the modem. 

Usually, rebooting the network will fix it. Once, 2 days ago, it kept losing internet connection and i kept having to reboot, so I finally unplugged the main Deco, waited 30 seconds, and plugged it back in. That fixed it, at least for the next few hours before I went to bed. 

I've lost count of how many times I've had to reboot the network in the last few days. Just while typing this it's gone out twice. I'm unable to watch anything for more than 15 minutes, and can't play online games. 

I've had issues with Deco needing rebooting in the past but it's usually just a random occurrence. I'm getting ready to just buy a different system. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Issues since firmware update
2023-09-13 03:42:47

@Athompson214 

Hi, Have you ever noticed the main Deco would turn solid red during the disconnection?

May I know your internet service provider and the model number of your cable modem?

Did you try to reset the Deco X20 once after the factory reset?

If all the Deco stays green during the disconnection, it is also suggested to refer to the suggestion here:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network (case3)

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-18 02:25:45 - last edited 2023-12-18 02:26:28

Same problem for me. I have an older Dell that could be the problem I then use another wireless doggle and it seems to work.

Options
2024-01-28 18:22:33

@Athompson214 same exact problem for me. I keep having to reboot, and I know it was the update because it started almost immediately afterwords. 

The router says it has internet and everything is fine but it will just stop sending internet to my devices. 

Options
2024-02-05 03:50:26

Same problem Decos have become completely unstable. Constantly losing connections 

Options
2024-02-05 03:54:30
Satellite decos constantly going off line. Internet Provider showing good internet. Seems like TP Link's firmware updates are the proximate cause. Plus I just bought 2 brand new X55's and only one ever shows online sometimes the other shows it was found, added to the network but then immediately and repeatedly goes offline and never seems to work at all.
Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 1727

Replies: 5

Related Articles