Local password after firmware update.

2024-01-04 07:16:57
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

When I bought the AX6000 I was able to use my TP-Link account even when offline to log into this. This was important because my ISP frequently has DNS issues and switching the network to google's public DNS restores internet while they are fixing it.

Recent firmware updates have now displayed a request for a local password. There has never been a local password on this device before. I do not know the local password. It's suppose to be printed on router which it is not. Even if I factory reset the router I will never know what the password is. How do I go about resolving this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Local password after firmware update.
2024-01-05 08:33:41

@AL_BUNDY 

Hi, on the login page, please check if you can see another option to login with TP-Link ID, share with us the screenshot please.

Besides, the local password was created manually by users when settings it up at the first time either via Tether App or Web Interface, normally it will ask you to create one again after factory reset, so please try factory reset again and make sure the power LED starts flashing when you hold the reset button for about 10s.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Related Articles