Scheduled Fade not working anymore

2024-02-09 13:43:32
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have a scheduled 30 minute fade on to preset brightness of 90% that has been working for years and for the last several months it has not been working.

expected behavior: at scheduled time, turn on at low brightness, and over the course of 30 minutes, slowly get brighter until it reaches 90% brightness

acutal behavior: turns on at scheduled time at low brightness and stays there without ever getting brighter

i have several dimmer switches, all same model, some slightly different hardware and firmware versions, all v1 or v2, all at latest firmware versions checked through the app, and they all have the same issue

is this a known problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Scheduled Fade not working anymore
2024-02-09 17:26:14

Hey @pchoi94,

This is not something that I have heard reported before. I have 10 minute fades set up in my home and they are still working as expected, but I will have to check the longer periods.

I would recommend checking that your devices are using the correct time settings as these must be up to date for schedules to take effect. I know that for other features, there are additional requirements for using time-based triggers/settings.

I would also make sure that the plugs have an active connection to the cloud by checking whether or not you can control the devices while not connected to your home network. If not, you should simply reset their network settings and try reconnecting it to the Wi-Fi.

To see if there is a difference, you may consider splitting your schedule into two different schedules, one that will turn the light on to a dim setting, and then another that will fade the light to its full brightness.

Have you tried deleting the previous schedule and remaking it from scratch?

Have you tried resetting one of the switches to see if the schedule works properly after that?

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 181

Replies: 1

Related Articles