HS220 randomly turn on

HS220 randomly turn on

HS220 randomly turn on
HS220 randomly turn on
2024-03-15 17:56:42
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a whole-house installation of Kasa smart dinners and plugs, about 60 devices. I have good wifi coverage over the house and garage/studio (a main router, switch, and 2 additional wireless access points) and run a dedicated wireless 2.4gh network for the Kasa and other automation devices. This is a new house that I built; all the electrical was done by a very experienced electrician. The installation was finished about 18 months ago. I've had to replace 1 HS220 because it "went red" and I couldn't reboot it back to sanity, and 1 other HS220 didn't work out of the box (which TP-Link replaced). I configured each device as it was installed, and I have kept up with all firmware updates. 

One of the HS220 switches (Workshop sink) has always since installation come on at random times. In the past month, I've got 2 other switches (Kitchen ceiling and Kitchen pendant) that have now started this behavior. These two are on the same circuit, but on a totally different circuit (even different electrical panel and in a different building) from Workshop sink. All three come on at the same time, and they do not go off voluntarily. If I turn them off either at the switch or thru the app or Google home, they'll stay off for a few hours and then come back on (all 3 of them). This behavior is just during the day, although occasionally it happens very early in the morning,like at 5 am. None of the three have any schedules, timers, etc. 

I've rebooted them and reprogrammed them. Nothing seems to affect the behavior. My electrician says there is nothing wiring-wise that could cause this behavior.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Laurie

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 63

Replies: 0

Related Articles