KD110 additional chimes

KD110 additional chimes

KD110 additional chimes
KD110 additional chimes
2024-07-15 00:35:22
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Your manual/setup mentions additional chimes, however you do not offer individual chimes for sale.

This is an issue noted in many places online, and needs to be addressed.

Please advise

Options
5 Reply
Re:KD110 additional chimes
2024-07-15 17:09:55

@DougDePew,

Unfortunately, the chimes were not nearly as popular as the doorbells and are not currently sold separately. You can look at purchasing a used chime from another site, as many people did not use theirs - especially once smart speakers and voice assistants were able to work as a whole-home chime via voice notificaitons.

Our teams have been working to find solutions for homes that may not use these speakers or services. Most recently, the ability to ring a hub has been added on the Tapo Side of things. If you would like, you could add your KD110 to the Tapo app and use a Tapo H100 in a smart action to create a configurable chime.

Options
2024-07-15 17:51:48

@Riley_S Sounds like time to put it back in the box and send it back, find one that actually supports what is specifically mentioned in your documentation.  I have see people buying a whole separate camera kit to get additional chimes and discarding the camera itself.

It's sad, as almost all of my smart devices are KASA, might just slowly replace them.

Options
2024-07-16 16:20:53

@DougDePew,

You might consider trying to use the Tapo App and Integration with Kasa devices if the KD110 doesn't meet your expectations. This would allow you to continue with the KD110 or explore some of the newer doorbells releasing from Tapo if you are looking for another. Either way, adding your Kasa devices to the Tapo App will give you more control and more options in your setups, even if you have mostly Kasa devices. 

Options
2024-07-16 16:28:54

@Riley_S  It's already gone and won't be replaced with any TP Link/Kasa/Tapo items.

Found a provider that actually does what they say.  Unlike the false info provided by Kasa.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Riley_S 

I would also like to purchase additional chimes! It's very annoying that it's mentioned that the doorbell is compatible with multiple chimes, but none are available! I found another brand that has chimes that are compatible with Kasa, looks like they will get my money instead of TP-Link.

This makes me want to consider brands other than TP-Link in the future!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 5

Related Articles