Remote control of 2nd home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-26 01:05:47
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: updated 12.25.2022

I guess I am to old a programmer to decipher Kasa's language.

We have a 2nd home that has a HS103 switch running a small water pump.

we want to schedule the pump to operate on a schedule, say on at 6AM, off at 10PM (no problem there).

BUT we want the pump switch OFF when we are NOT home.

Moreover, we want to activate the schedule remotely:

Here is my simplest logic:

IF (ActivateHome):

Turn Switch ON

Activate Schedule

ENDIF

IF (DeActivateHome):

Deactivate Schedule

Turn Switch OFF

ENDIF

I assume that if I "simply" activate or deactivate a schedule in the middle (say 11AM) nothing happens to the switch until the next scheduled time, thus the ON/OFF actions.

There are some other issues, but I want to start small.

Finally, It would be helpful to run this through Google Home, as we already have a NEST thermostat running.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote control of 2nd home
2023-01-06 18:47:14

@jamhass,

There is currently no way that I am aware of to create Smart Actions based on GeoCoded Locations yet. Please Feel Free to make a feature request so that we can properly track and forward the request.

What you will need to do is look for an automation service that supports location-based automation. TP-Link is officially partnered with Samsung's Smartthings, which has one of the most powerful automation platforms that is both user-friendly and supported by most companies as an official integration. Smartthings can then be integrated with Google Home to provide voice control over all the devices in Smartthings. 

For your situation, Smartthings also allows the creation of virtual switches. One could be created for the automation. This virtual switch would then be shared with your google home and you could enable and disable the schedule there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 1

Related Articles