HS220 connect to the Internet and the app fine. But does not turn on light.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-29 23:58:06
Model: Kasa HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.6

I have four wires coming out of my wall:  Red, black, white, and bare copper. I have installed this device correctly I think. Red to the line, black to the load, white to the neutral, and copper to the ground. All the indicators are lit and the app connected to the Internet just fine. I press the buttons and it seems to be turning on and off correctly, yet the lights do not turn on. I was told this might be a three-way, but there are no other traveler wires present. What else could this be? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 connect to the Internet and the app fine. But does not turn on light.
2023-02-01 00:56:03

@radrzr,

If it is a three way, you are most likely looking at the satellite switch box, which would have fewer wires than the main box would have. I would recommend that you double check that everything is connected securely to ensure that a loose connection isn't causing this.

Otherwise, it sounds like your wiring configuration may not be compatible with the device.

Check whether the electric line is Single-pole double-throw line, as the device will only work on the Single-pole single-throw line. There are several wiring types used in the US depending on the situation, so I would look into mapping out the wires of your switch to see if it is not a conventional Single-pole single-throw line.

Options