Smart Plug HS103V5 will turn stereo ON, but not OFF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-11 23:16:18
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: ?

As my stereo is located in my garage, I want to have Alexa turn the music ON and OFF. HS103 works well to turn ON my music, but it DOES NOT turn the stereo OFF. I have tried two different plugs and have tested with incandescent bulbs. The only problem is turning the stereo OFF.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Plug HS103V5 will turn stereo ON, but not OFF
2023-05-14 12:07:25

@stoopid_mike It might be that the electronics in the stereo, once it is turned on, is interfering with the electronics in the plug. To test this you might try using a long extension cord to move the plug away from the stereo.

Options
Re:Smart Plug HS103V5 will turn stereo ON, but not OFF
2023-05-15 11:04:21

@stoopid_mike 

Hello! Did the plug's status (ON/OFF) change when you try to control it? Try to change another device to connect the plug, see if it can be turned ON/OFF normally. 

Please ensure the device firmware and Kasa APP version are both updated. How to update firmware of Kasa smart devices

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 412

Replies: 2

Related Articles