Motion Detection zones failures … new Tapo C425 Smart Camera HW version 1.6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-28 18:19:33
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.13

9162359cc2a34c64838016d1c4d2d8c3I just purchased a Tapo C425 Smart Camera (HW Version 1.6) and have updated firmware to the latest (1.2.13).

it is installed and running.  I have turned on motion detection and set the detection zone so that it does not include the street.  

In the photo you can see a screenshot of the passing golf cart that triggered motion detection. Below that is another screenshot that shows the motion detection zone that is in effect. As you can see, the golf cart is well outside the detection zone!

I am on a busy street, and every passing vehicle is creating a motion event!.  Is there a fix for this problem?  I am hoping that something can resolve this because the device will not meet my needs if the detection zones are nonfun

Options
1 Reply
Re:Motion Detection zones failures … new Tapo C425 Smart Camera HW version 1.6
2023-10-30 23:10:27

@drm200,

Keep an eye out for any firmware updates that may come, as we have seen a few come through for the camera.

If I am not mistaken, the C325WB supports setting different activity zones depending on the activity type - so try setting each one individually and lowering the sensitivity of the motion detection. I would also recommend taking advantage of the AI detection features, rather than the simple motion detection feature.

Options