Kasa app "Network Unstable"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-02 23:55:04

December 2nd Kasa app still reports "Network unstable"  I cleared the catche and deleted the app data.  Then I uninstalled the Kasa app,and restarted my phone.

I then re-installed the kasa app and logged in. I continue to get the same message.I then tried turning off the wifi and used the phones 5G data connection.  Same Message.

I am using a Pixel 7 with Android 14.219ad5794e2d41e0a286d60c4beef4f9

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa app "Network Unstable"
2023-12-06 00:36:57

@JimmyRip,

Since it happens on both the mobile and Wi-Fi networks, I have a feeling the phone is having difficulty communicating with TP-Link servers.I would first recommend making sure that there are no adblockers or VPNs enabled on the phone. I believe that Pixels have a VPN that Google automatically enables and has caused similar problems.

If you still cannot get the app to appear, you may consider seeing if the same behavior is seen in the Tapo app - as Kasa compatibility was recently added as another option.

Options
Re:Kasa app "Network Unstable"
2023-12-06 05:42:41

Thank you Riley_S for your response.

No VPN is in use.

That being said,today, after over a month with the error message,the app started working normally without me doing anything.

Maybe a server side correction

Thanks

Options