The minimum camera dwell time in patrol mode?

2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI C540  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 231124 Rel.55573n

Hi,

The minimum camera dwell time in patrol scanning mode that I can set is 60 seconds, which in my opinion is definitely too long! I would like to set the camera to stay in a given area much shorter, for example for 15 seconds and change its position. Is this some kind of software bug or is it set this way on purpose? Because in competitive cameras and recorders you can freely set this time. The camera works with the VIGI NVR1004H-4P(UN) 1.0 (1.0.4 Build 240119 Rel.66485n) recorder.

Options
3 Reply
Re:The minimum camera dwell time in patrol mode?
a week ago

Hi @KamileN7 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Just let you know if you need a beta that can allow you to modify the patrol time, yet which may shorten the durability and life of the pivot, if you agree and are aware of this potential issue, let me know.

I will check with the team and get one beta for you. C540 V2, correct?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your answer. If it's not a problem, I would like beta versions with shortened patrol times. Yes VIGI C540 V2. I am aware of potential problems.

I also have a proposal on how to improve the functionality of the patrol without reducing the durability and life of the pivot.
You can treat the minimum dwell time as a sum. If you have two patrol positions, the sum must be minimum of 120 seconds, but you can set it to stay in one place for 15 seconds and in the other 105 seconds, or 30 seconds and in the other 90 seconds. Similarly, if you add more patrol positions. If you set eight patrol positions, you will have at least 480 seconds at your disposal, which you can freely divide between these 8 positions.

Something like this shouldn't be particularly difficult to program, and would increase the flexibility of patrol scanning.

Options
a week ago

Hi @KamileN7 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

KamileN7 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your answer. If it's not a problem, I would like beta versions with shortened patrol times. Yes VIGI C540 V2. I am aware of potential problems.

I also have a proposal on how to improve the functionality of the patrol without reducing the durability and life of the pivot.
You can treat the minimum dwell time as a sum. If you have two patrol positions, the sum must be minimum of 120 seconds, but you can set it to stay in one place for 15 seconds and in the other 105 seconds, or 30 seconds and in the other 90 seconds. Similarly, if you add more patrol positions. If you set eight patrol positions, you will have at least 480 seconds at your disposal, which you can freely divide between these 8 positions.

Something like this shouldn't be particularly difficult to program, and would increase the flexibility of patrol scanning.

This will void your warranty regardless the pivot is broken or not as we have clearly warned you of the risks and results of doing this. Any risks and malfunctions due to this change will not be our responsibility as you are informed and warned to proceed with this.

The dev is informed and working on this. Will get back to you as soon as I am informed.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options