PPTP VPN drops connection every day and does not reconnect automatically

неделю назад
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

New Thread, since the original one was closed. TP-Link support asked for access to the router but never got back. Maybe one of you has a tip on this:

I have a setup with three sites, using 2 ER605 and one ER707 routers. They interconnect through IPSEC, which is fine and will automatically reconnect if any of the sites would have a short outage.

Also, I have configured PPTP VPN connections from two sites to the third because some internet traffic needs to be routed through this site due to a corporate service with geoblocking. This specific connection will drop usually every day (since the third site has a consumer internet connection I assume that the modem reconnects somtimes) but will never reconnect automatically. I have to disable and enable the connection through the Omada console.

Is there a quicker way of initiating the reconnect, e.g. through a script or something similar that could be prepared and run via SSH?

Tom

Options
1 Reply
Re:PPTP VPN drops connection every day and does not reconnect automatically
неделю назад

Hi @tgoschuetz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You have not replied ever since I asked for remote access and provided you with a chart for you to pick up a time. Currently, the log is not gonna be what we are after. The debug requires a remote but you did not reply since you said you were all booked. For the last 13 days, no reply.

It is not us who never get back to you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options