Votes

Possibility to change WiFi channels

Votes

Possibility to change WiFi channels

166 Reply
Re:Possibility to change WiFi channels
2020-07-15 16:23:59 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

duco67 wrote

I'm wandering why none from TP-Link seems to show interest in this thread, answering to our request in a clear way.

Please, reply in order to amplify the "noise".

Request to TP-Link experts.

We would like to have the possibility, from the App, to change Wi-Fi channel on 2.4 and 5 GHz of our Deco mesh node f, in order to move from congested to free channels.

Looking for your reply, thank you.

I fully support @duco67 proposal. We should get an answer. It shouldn't be any hardware issue, and if the autodetection is not working, at least a manual option should be provided.

Options
2020-07-16 07:06:25 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

@Djn  @Fiber2019  @RandySea2  @duco67 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

Thank you all for sharing your opinions and valued suggestions again. Apologies that manually choosing a channel for the Deco network is currently not available and this feature request has been forwarded to the developers for months and they are working on it, which will be available in the near future. It is suggested to keep an eye on the Deco app or on the TP-Link official website as we will update the information once there are any updates. 

At the current stage, however, we cannot provide an exact ETA to our customers as the developers need to evaluate the feasibility to add new features and it takes time.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and understanding. Have a nice day.

Options
2020-07-16 17:33:49 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you very much for your reply.

I suppose the new functionality will be available with a new version of your App, for new models and for a set of models already sold (hoping Deco M9 Plus)

Therefore, we all look forward to reading a new App version will be available soon!

Best regards,

Options
2020-07-19 00:48:35 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

@duco67 It's been well over a year of people requesting this and the feature still isn't available. I had this feature on my very first linksys 802.11a/b wireless router from the early 2000s; it's embarrassing that this device doesn't have it. I just bought the Deco system today and after setting up I am noticing how there are virtually no customization options for this device. I will be returning this - I guess there's a reason it's ~$100 less than everyone else.

Options
2020-07-21 09:58:28 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

Hi,

What is the status of this request? It's been requested ages ago and still not implemented. The automatic channel selection clearly doesn't work making my deco m5 useless piece of S. I can't work from home like this. If I didn't throw box out, I would be sending this back.

Options
2020-07-23 06:00:41 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

@TP-Link_Deco 

Its very important future in today situation.Its a lot devices that can disturb each other.From the day that i buy this deco device its still on channel 40, and this one its not a one of the best channel.

Options
2020-07-23 08:15:34 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

@Tech_araltek 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Theoretically, the Deco will select the best channel automatically to have good Wi-Fi performance and it is unable to change the Wi-Fi channel or channel width on the Deco manually. 

If you notice that your Deco Wi-Fi network is sharing a channel with several other networks, don’t worry. Crowded isn’t the same as busy, even though some channel scanning apps tell you one specific channel is bust, they don’t always measure other sources of congestion and interference. Non-Wi-Fi signals (like those from microwaves, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, garage door openers, baby monitors, etc.) can all congest a channel but may not show up in a scan. So it’s possible that a channel can appear empty, while it is, in fact, saturated with other kinds of interference.

If your Deco Wi-Fi network is using a crowded channel but you aren’t experiencing slow speeds, don't worry. Your point is always scanning its environment to choose the channel that is most likely to give you the best Wi-Fi.

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.  

Options
2020-08-05 00:13:49 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:58

@TP-Link_Deco The issue I am having is that my deco system is atuomatically choosing low power channels.  5GHz is choosing Channel 44(42), 5170-5250 MHz.
On Channel 44 in an 80MHz case the transmit power of many devices is quite low.  This is limited by the FCC regulatory requirements for Out Of Band Emissions within the United States.

In order to have reliability, it would be great to be able to avoid these low power channels, and even better, be able to choose the channel width, especially on 2.4 GHz, where 40MHz may overlap with bluetooth and cause problems there.

Please enable some advanced options for overriding.

Thanks!

Options
2020-08-05 08:59:09 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:59

@TP-Link_Deco this is a basic feature, which is available on other tp-link routers, then what is the problem to add this feature on deco series routers.in Southeast Asia, we can only use 149-165 channel range. please request the team to add this feature asap.

Options
2020-08-17 23:44:03 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:37:59

I got 2 sets of x60 TP-Link Deco routers (4 altogether). I think this is a mistake. All the 2.4GHz channels are using channel 6 and 5GHz is using channel 36. There are so many free channels are available!!!

Channel 6 is so congested and clients have a hard time maintaining a good connection.

Because of this, my IoT devices using 2.4GHz (n) are continuity dropping the connections.

When I spend $700 on routers, I expect them to perform. So disappointed.

I am experimenting with stopping 2.4GHz channels in Deco and using a trusted old D-Link router for my n channels, where I can choose where to place them.

Hope TP-Link will fix it soon.

Options