tapo c200 notifications not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-07 20:02:30 - last edited 2021-02-18 11:42:11
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi,

I've just bought a c200 and it worked fine for a couple of hours. Last Sunday tough it suddently stopped sending notification when motion is detected.

I can tell the motion is correctly detected because I've enabled both the alarm and the micro SD recording, and the alarm goes off and recording starts everytime someting walks in front of the camera. Yet, no notification seems to be send. Also, sometimes I might recive a couple of notification right after I reset the camera, but nothing else after that.

Please note that:

- Firmware and app are both up to date

- The SD has free space, and has been formatted using the app

- Notifications are enabled

- Activity zone is set up correctly

- WIFI signal is high

- Privacy mode is off

- Sensitivity is set to HIGH

- Problem occours on both phones I tried the app: my iPhone SE and my wife's Xiaomi

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:tapo c200 notifications not working-Solution
2021-03-22 13:10:29 - last edited 2022-03-03 07:55:58

Update on 22/3/2 

If you met similar concern that phone can't get notification from tapo , or get delayed notification, please try troubleshooting suggestions here:  

[Troubleshooting] Tapo Camera Notification Issues

If the camera still has a notification problem, please create a new thread with case details below and so we could help look into that further: 

1. Model of mobile phone and its OS version.

2. log of the camera: How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

3. Model & MAC address of the camera.

4. (If  Motion is not detected or Camera Alarm never being tripped) Photos Motion Detection settings + a photo of Message Center.

Recommended Solution
Options
39 Reply
Re:tapo c200 notifications not working
2020-07-15 06:58:29

@ricccec 

Hello,

Basically, if there are motion detection clips saved in the SD card, that means the motion was triggered successfully, please check below and we will try to fix it:

1. Check if there is any message in the Message Center on your Tapo app. If there is, that means the Notification from the TP-Link cloud server should be working, it is suggested to check the Notification settings for the Tapo app on your phone.

2. Please tell us what is the exact date and time that you cannot receive the notifications, then we will ask the related department to investigate.

Thanks.

Options
2021-02-02 03:03:15 - last edited 2021-02-02 03:06:02

@Brook 

I have the same problem. On 01/12/2021 I received the last message from the camera through the message center on Tapo app.
I rebooted the camera and made a new setup, but the problem remains. The motion detector works well and is recording on the SD card.

Model: C200
Type: SMART.IPCAMERA;
HW: 1.0
FW: 1.0.17 Build 201111 Rel.74534n(4555) 

APP Version: 2.2.38
Mobile OS Version: ios14.4
Mobile Type: iPhone13,3

Thanks,

Norio

Options
2021-02-04 01:53:10 - last edited 2021-04-27 08:14:50

@NorioEto 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

We would like to forward your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

At the same time, please help me double-check the following information as well:

When there is a motion detection trigger, the device will start recording and raise the alarm, and the event will be recorded in the Activity/Message center on the APP, then it will push a notification to your phone.
For troubleshooting, can you check if the motion detection is triggered first?
1. You could enable the alarm in the motion detection settings of the camera, or check the corresponding recording to verify that.
2. Please go to the Activity/Message center on the APP and check if there is a corresponding event as well.

At the same time,

Also, please make sure you have turn on the two notification on-off switches:
1. In the Camera settings-> Detection & Alerts -> Notifications -> turn on the notification and make sure it is always sending.
2. On the APP, please go to ->Me -> Notifications -> Camera Detection Messages ->turn on the switch

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-04 16:49:24

@TP-Link 

Hello,

For troubleshooting, can you check if the motion detection is triggered first?
1. You could enable the alarm in the motion detection settings of the camera, or check the corresponding recording to verify that.

I enabled the alarm. The camera sends the light and sound signals and records the event on the SD card.

2. Please go to the Activity/Message center on the APP and check if there is a corresponding event as well.
The event is not being recorded in the Activity/Message center on the APP.

At the same time,

Also, please make sure you have turn on the two notification on-off switches:
1. In the Camera settings-> Detection & Alerts -> Notifications -> turn on the notification and make sure it is always sending.
The notification is configured to always send.

2. On the APP, please go to ->Me -> Notifications -> Camera Detection Messages ->turn on the switch
The camera detection messages is configured to on.

Thanks,

NorioEto

Options
2021-02-06 07:29:27
Options
2021-02-06 13:25:02

I read the topic

An observation...

In android, when I block notifications for tapo app because I don`t need the phone to noyify but if I want to receive notification messages in the app.

Then in the tapo spp configuration application a detection is entered, a sugestion window to activate notification appears. 

Here`s the problem: if I press the button, the notification of receiving messages is disabled. And...I don`t realize it because that`s in another menu. Then no more detection messages are received.

Then I have to go to notifications again, find the name of my camera and activate it again.

Thxs

Options
2021-02-08 06:36:40

I'm having the same issue no notifications on iPhone 11 reset camera 5 times and checked all settings must be the app or firmware issues 

Options
2021-02-18 10:24:10

@Lilpaper 

I also have the same problem with my two cameras. It appears to have started after the App update in early January. I was hoping the the last update will fix the problem but it has not. The tech support team asked me to send the camera's for replacement. I don't believe it will fix the problem. On the App Store there is a report with the same problem and the camera replacement did not solve it. We need a solution which is probably in the App. 

Options
2021-02-18 11:46:52 - last edited 2021-02-18 11:49:49

@Iossif 

Hi, did you use IPhone too?

And have you tried the suggestion listed here?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/216134?replyId=558360

Since you mentioned that ‘On the App Store there is a report with the same problem and the camera replacement did not solve it’, can I have a link or a picture of the report?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-20 03:06:31

@TP-Link , I have the same issue.

On  last november I changed my mobile phone for a new and now we use Android 10. I have 02 Samsung ( M51 and Galaxy S20) On both is not working properly.

Access the inbox message in Tapo App, everytime is no message and all configuration on camera and in application  are enabled to notify the moviments.

Please fix it!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 24744

Replies: 39

Related Articles