Planning to add higher Deco model to our current network system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-03 04:52:48 - last edited 2020-08-03 08:46:05
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Greetings,

I'm planning to add more deco to our network so here is the situation I'm currently using Deco E4 which only supports up to 100Mbps speed and planning to buy 2 more decos which are Deco M4 so that it will have similar design but it will support up to 1Gbps speed, so the primary network now is using Deco E4 and is it ok to add Deco M4 to that current network and set it to primary so that it can support our 200Mbps speed(we are planning to upgrade from 100Mbps speed too) or is it recommended to erase the current network and set up the Deco M4 as new network? I don't really want to create a new network since we have tons of smarthome devices and cctv it will save my time.

Hoping for a positive response. Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Planning to add higher Deco model to our current network system-Solution
2020-08-03 08:46:00 - last edited 2020-08-03 08:46:05

@MemoryEXE 

Hello,

Yes, you can add the Deco M4 into the same mesh network as the existing E4 network and remember to choose the M4 as the main Deco and connect it to the modem/gateway.

For more details when adding different models into the same mesh network, please refer to the below link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2248/

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Planning to add higher Deco model to our current network system-Solution
2020-08-03 08:46:00 - last edited 2020-08-03 08:46:05

@MemoryEXE 

Hello,

Yes, you can add the Deco M4 into the same mesh network as the existing E4 network and remember to choose the M4 as the main Deco and connect it to the modem/gateway.

For more details when adding different models into the same mesh network, please refer to the below link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2248/

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Planning to add higher Deco model to our current network system
2020-08-18 16:54:07
How about the advanced features(speedtest or antivirus) of the Deco M4/M5 will it also be available on the Deco app once I change the main deco from E4 to M4/M5?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 817

Replies: 2