Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

332 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-04-21 02:09:02

LukaszM wrote

@Kevin_Z I was dewasteyed when I discovered that my Archer AX55 has not VPN client. Is there possibility that this functionality will be added? I was sure that there is vpn client due to price of this router. I bought router, few months later PIA VPN and I discovered this importamt lack of vpn client...

@LukaszM 

Please check my previous reply to C-J-S below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272492?replyId=1065808

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-21 12:11:12

@Kevin_Z  Ok thank you. i missed this post.

Options
2022-04-22 09:33:10 - last edited 2022-04-23 14:19:01

@Kevin_Z 

Another small glitch in the beta firmware...

Logging in through Tether is problematic, the app does not always recognize the password, although it is correct.

For example, I've just been locked out for two hours as the app failed to recognize the password ten times in a row.

EDIT Finally got it, if you want to log in to Tether now, you have to use the local password. Until now, you were required to use your TP-Link ID password. This change takes a bit getting used to.

Options
2022-04-28 14:22:59

@Kevin_Z when the new firmware will be available for Archer AX11000_V2.0?

Options
2022-04-29 01:40:25

rem_190 wrote

@Kevin_Z when the new firmware will be available for Archer AX11000_V2.0?

@rem_190 Sorry I haven't got an advanced notice about that yet, I would update my original post when I have that information. You can also keep an eye on your router firmware update.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-05-01 06:53:59

@Kevin_Z Good evening and thanks for putting time and effort in this.

I'm trying to install the beta FW, but unfortunately the upgrade is not going through.

The error i'm getting is "Unable to upgrade".

My Router details:

Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

Hardware Version: Archer AX11000 v1.0

Thanks beforehand.

Options
2022-05-05 09:21:35

lphoenixl wrote

@Kevin_Z Good evening and thanks for putting time and effort in this.

I'm trying to install the beta FW, but unfortunately the upgrade is not going through.

The error i'm getting is "Unable to upgrade".

My Router details:

Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

Hardware Version: Archer AX11000 v1.0

Thanks beforehand.

@lphoenixl I guess you cannot install the previous beta firmware from the latest 1.3.0 official version nor can you downgrade to the previous official version. I will check with the engineers again if we can provide an updated version for you.

Options
2022-05-05 12:36:38

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning.

I appreciate the effort and hope to hear back from you and your team :)

Thanka for all you guys do!

Options
2022-05-06 06:26:43
Hello, I wanted to buy an AX55 and I need ovpn client for my game console I want to know that, is it going to support ovpn client???
Options
2022-05-06 06:46:27

MohammadSTS wrote

Hello, I wanted to buy an AX55 and I need ovpn client for my game console I want to know that, is it going to support ovpn client???

@MohammadSTS 

As far as I can confirm, Archer AX55 does have a plan to support the VPN Client feature, you may keep an eye on your router web GUI or Tether app for the updates. You can also subscribe to this thread, I will update my original post once there is a new model added to the supported list, you will get a notification once it is updated.

Options
Related Articles