Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

333 Reply
Re:How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)
2023-04-12 15:21:37

@Kevin_Z 

Any hope on the Archer AX53 EU getting vpn client?

Bought this one from Amazon thinking they can all connect with NordVPN etc.

How wrong was I? 😄 

Or can you reccomended any other way I can get it to show VPN client? 

Thanks 👍 

Options
Re:How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)
2023-04-14 02:49:56 - last edited 2023-05-24 05:41:02

Hi @RobertC23 

Please refer to the VPN Client product list to check what are the models that support VPN Client.

Sorry that we don't have advanced notice of whether or when the new firmware will be available for it. Please pay close attention to the firmware updates on your router web GUI or the Tether App.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-04-16 13:57:24

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, I am working remotely and can only use 4G routers, I have an Archer MR500 which I need vpn client on as I cannot run vpn on my work laptop. Is the MR500 likely to be updated anytime soon with vpn client, if not do TP Link have other 4G routers they can recommend which has vpn client?

kind regards

Options
2023-04-17 08:54:38

KarlK wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, I am working remotely and can only use 4G routers, I have an Archer MR500 which I need vpn client on as I cannot run vpn on my work laptop. Is the MR500 likely to be updated anytime soon with vpn client, if not do TP Link have other 4G routers they can recommend which has vpn client?

kind regards

@KarlK  Thank you for asking.

I haven't got advanced notice of whether MR500 will support the VPN Client feature. As I can confirm, none of the 4G routers support the VPN Client at the moment, but some models do support IPSec VPN, you can check the product user manual to find out what models that support it.

This is the guidance for configuring IPSec VPN on the 4G router.

If you require MR500 to support the VPN Client in the future, it's suggested to file a feature request on the Feature Request (Routers) board. Be sure to make your request clear when posting.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-23 09:12:53

@Kevin_Z 

The link you've shared above for VPN client planned devices is actually stating that EasyMesh is planned, nothing about VPN client.

Options
2023-05-24 05:41:49

Parushev wrote

@Kevin_Z 

The link you've shared above for VPN client planned devices is actually stating that EasyMesh is planned, nothing about VPN client.

@Parushev Thank you very much for pointing that out. I have just updated the link, please check again.

Options
2023-07-15 11:12:33

@Kevin_Z 

Just bought a TP-Link Ax3000 as it says in the specs it supports both OpenVPN Client & Server.  I've gone through everything (for the last THREE HOURS) - including firmware updates but it only shows OpenVPN Server.  I cannot find how to install NordVPN without this tab anywhere.  Thoughts????

Options
2023-07-18 06:57:47

jimpritchett wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Just bought a TP-Link Ax3000 as it says in the specs it supports both OpenVPN Client & Server.  I've gone through everything (for the last THREE HOURS) - including firmware updates but it only shows OpenVPN Server.  I cannot find how to install NordVPN without this tab anywhere.  Thoughts????

@jimpritchett Is the exact model of the AX3000 Archer AX55, Archer AX55 Pro, Archer AX53, or Archer AX3000? Please be aware that they are three different models and may not have all the same features.

Please refer to the VPN Client product list to check what are the models that support VPN Client.

Sorry that we don't have advanced notice of whether or when the new firmware will be available for it. Please pay close attention to the firmware updates on your router web GUI or the Tether App if your model currently doesn't support VPN Client.

Options
2023-08-19 04:01:14

@Kevin_Z 

I have the Archer AX3000, and according to the list (link) that you provided - Filtered for "VPN Client" support - the Archer AX3000 IS in that list.   However, like @jimpritchett wrote,  the only selection I have in my Advanced list is "VPN Server" (with OpenVPN stuff in there) - there is NO "VPN Client" selection .   So which is it?

Like him, I, too have been trying to figure it out for HOURS (and I am a software engineer), but there is absolutely no help available.   I am considering buying NordVPN, and it should be supported, but...  

This link shows a screenshot of the tp-link Router management screen->Advanced, which contains both "VPN Server" and "VPN Client":

https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Router/1877338602/Setting-up-TP-Link-with-NordVPN.htm

Please help, thanks.

Bruce Rodgers 

Options
2023-08-21 05:57:02 - last edited 2023-08-21 06:09:57

@rodgersgb 

Archer AX3000 V2 supports VPN Client as described in the firmware release note, while V1 doesn't support VPN Client. If you cannot find the VPN Client menu on the router web GUI, I believe yours is hardware V1:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax3000/v1/#Firmware

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax3000/v2.6/#Firmware

I will report to the website admin to make a note in the hardware version when displaying the models that support VPN Client.

Options
Related Articles