Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

332 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-03-28 02:05:22

tekniking wrote

@Maciej @Kevin_Z 
I have that same problem.
my router ax73 v1

@tekniking Are you reporting the same Tether login issue as reported by Maciej? Can I also have the phone OS and detailed Tether app version? If possible, I would like to have a video snap of the whole process, then we can have a better understanding of how it happens, thank you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-28 05:05:38

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am on the latest firmware version (1.2.4 Build 20220321 rel.46830(4555)) when the problem occurs.

Also, I have not yet tested Tether - the loss of TP Link ID occurs in the router itself.

Options
2022-03-28 05:35:51

Maciej wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am on the latest firmware version (1.2.4 Build 20220321 rel.46830(4555)) when the problem occurs.

Also, I have not yet tested Tether - the loss of TP Link ID occurs in the router itself.

@Maciej Are you reporting the same issue as IvanCarlos reported on this Archer C80? If yes, please check my previous replies to him and see if that is acceptable:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264210?replyId=594672

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-28 05:53:55

@Kevin_Z 

I do not think I have the same issue, because I am logged in through Tether just fine.

The problem is that when I log in to my TP Link ID through the router, then log out of the router and back in, the data are lost.

Options
2022-03-28 06:30:12 - last edited 2022-03-28 06:54:02

Maciej wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I do not think I have the same issue, because I am logged in through Tether just fine.

The problem is that when I log in to my TP Link ID through the router, then log out of the router and back in, the data are lost.

@Maciej Understood now. We will soon check to see if there is an issue with the TP-Link account login via the web GUI.

Update: Please bear with me and I will show what I can confirm again, do you mean once logging back to the router web GUI with the local password again once logged out, you can no longer see the TP-Link ID that the router is bound with? If that is the case, I guess that is the new design that may aim to protect your personal information. You can test that by logging in with the TP-Link ID directly and you will see the router is still linked to your account normally.

Options
2022-03-28 07:26:08

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you! If that is indeed the case, then the problem is solved.

Options
2022-03-29 13:29:43
moi je demande plus de débit sur la côte
Options
2022-03-31 21:53:32

@Kevin_Z  - what's the timing for enabling the functionality on the AX72?

Options
2022-04-01 03:10:30

sylvaingh wrote

@Kevin_Z  - what's the timing for enabling the functionality on the AX72?

@sylvaingh We are not receiving advanced information about the timing also. I would suggest you subscribe to this thread and I will update my original post when there is a new model that supports VPN Client.

You can also check this page for the supported models:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/wifi-router/?filterby=AND%7C6112

Options
2022-04-01 09:29:05

Hi,

I just bought an A23 thinking it's AX1800 since it's written as AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router 6 on the packaging lol.

Is there anything that I can do so VPN client could work on this model?

Options
Related Articles