Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

332 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-04-01 09:44:43 - last edited 2022-04-01 09:47:14

Jooooooon wrote

Hi,

I just bought an A23 thinking it's AX1800 since it's written as AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router 6 on the packaging lol.

Is there anything that I can do so VPN client could work on this model?

@Jooooooon 

Sorry to hear that.

Archer AX23 doesn't support the VPN Client feature now, and we didn't get an advanced notice if it will support it either, so you may need to replace it with one that already supports it if that is a feature you require urgently.

BTW, the model number herein is the model printed on the device label or on the package box, you can check it as stated in this FAQ.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-02 21:48:37
I would like VPN Client support on AX3000 Archer AX55 model. Please and Thank You
Options
2022-04-03 11:53:21

Note for AX11000 beta firmware: after upgrade the indicator light on router is always blinking yellow instead of switching to steady red or white color after boot. Also web interface setting for disabling LED does not work.

Options
2022-04-03 12:18:52 - last edited 2022-04-03 12:19:24

@far1 

This is typical of beta firmware, nothing to worry about.

Options
2022-04-06 02:31:48 - last edited 2022-04-06 02:32:32

Omega2000 wrote

I would like VPN Client support on AX3000 Archer AX55 model. Please and Thank You

@Omega2000 

Hello, thank you for following the thread. As far as I know, Archer AX55 does have a plan to support VPN Client feature, you may keep an eye on your router web GUI or Tether app for the updates. You can also subscribe to this thread, I will update my original post once there is a new model added to the supported list, you will get a notice once it is updated.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-06 02:35:31

far1 wrote

Note for AX11000 beta firmware: after upgrade the indicator light on router is always blinking yellow instead of switching to steady red or white color after boot. Also web interface setting for disabling LED does not work.

@far1 Do you mean the LED on the AX11000 keeps flashing yellow even though the internet on it is working fine? May I know who is your ISP?

When you tried to disable LED via its web interface, the LED is still blinking yellow? If that is the case, I would suggest resetting the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it to see if the LED becomes normal.

Options
2022-04-06 09:57:25 - last edited 2022-04-06 10:21:47

@Kevin_Z 

1) While testing the previous beta firmware for the AX11000 - the one which finally introduced OneMesh, nearly a year ago - I had the same problem with the light flashing orange, however the TP-Link engineers whom I was in contact with told me not to worry as this was normal for the beta. And indeed, when the final firmware version was rolled out, the light stopped flashing orange and went back to white.

2) I didn't really need the VPN Client feature, however since it is available, I decided to give it a spin. I bought a one-month NordVPN subscription and proceeded to go the hard way - namely, I'm not using the NordVPN app, but have just configured NordVPN on the router. Such a configuration really shows whether a router has got the balls necessary for encrypted processing. My internet plan is 940 down/60 up, and I easily get 250-270 down/60 up from any device connected to the router through the VPN, be it wired or wireless (5 GHz). In my opinion this is an excellent result, which of course I could tweak to my heart's content using the app.

3) The only complaint on my part would be that the VPN Client configuration tab is weird in that it allows you to add the same computer/telephone etc. multiple times. Indeed, the laptop on which I am writing now is using the VPN feature, however it still figures on the list of devices that can be connected to the VPN. In other words, it is both connected and available for connection.

Options
2022-04-06 11:27:23

Maciej wrote

@Kevin_Z 

1) While testing the previous beta firmware for the AX11000 - the one which finally introduced OneMesh, nearly a year ago - I had the same problem with the light flashing orange, however the TP-Link engineers whom I was in contact with told me not to worry as this was normal for the beta. And indeed, when the final firmware version was rolled out, the light stopped flashing orange and went back to white.

2) I didn't really need the VPN Client feature, however since it is available, I decided to give it a spin. I bought a one-month NordVPN subscription and proceeded to go the hard way - namely, I'm not using the NordVPN app, but have just configured NordVPN on the router. Such a configuration really shows whether a router has got the balls necessary for encrypted processing. My internet plan is 940 down/60 up, and I easily get 250-270 down/60 up from any device connected to the router through the VPN, be it wired or wireless (5 GHz). In my opinion this is an excellent result, which of course I could tweak to my heart's content using the app.

3) The only complaint on my part would be that the VPN Client configuration tab is weird in that it allows you to add the same computer/telephone etc. multiple times. Indeed, the laptop on which I am writing now is using the VPN feature, however it still figures on the list of devices that can be connected to the VPN. In other words, it is both connected and available for connection.

@Maciej Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on the beta firmware, and it's glad to know the speed is good also.

Regarding the configuration tab, can you please make it clearer by posting some screenshots about the setting page? Do you mean you can add the device multiple times since it is on the list? I'm wondering how did you add it twice since it is already enabled, please show me how to reproduce it, then we can confirm.

Options
2022-04-06 11:56:05

@Kevin_Z 

Here goes:

1) My laptop is connected to the VPN via the router:

2) But it is also available for connection to the VPN via the router:

Now, if I add it, it does not appear twice in the added devices list - nothing changes there, it is only listed once. But if I check the list of devices that can be added, it is there again. Crazy stuff.

Also, this problem occurs at random with various devices - laptops, telephones, etc.

Options
2022-04-07 11:23:50

Maciej wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Here goes:

1) My laptop is connected to the VPN via the router:

2) But it is also available for connection to the VPN via the router:

Now, if I add it, it does not appear twice in the added devices list - nothing changes there, it is only listed once. But if I check the list of devices that can be added, it is there again. Crazy stuff.

Also, this problem occurs at random with various devices - laptops, telephones, etc.

@Maciej 

Thank you very much for the feedback. I've logged feedback to the developer and requested an optimization of the display of the clients. They will review and consider how to improve this in the future.

Options
Related Articles