Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-06-23 01:03:26

@Kevin_Z 

Is the Beta AX 21 V3 link correct? It's seem to be the same as AX20

I tried to upload and upgrade and get error. Can you check that? Thanks

Options
2022-06-23 02:20:18

Felipondriox wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Is the Beta AX 21 V3 link correct? It's seem to be the same as AX20

I tried to upload and upgrade and get error. Can you check that? Thanks

@Felipondriox 

As confirmed with the engineers, the beta firmware can be installed on AX21 V3. Please confirm the below detail if you failed to install it on your device:

1. Reboot the AX21.

2. Try with a different browser, or use InPrivate mode.

If still failed, please show us the screenshot of the failure, we will confirm.

Options
2022-06-23 06:29:08

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your answer. I tried on another browser after a reboot of the router and keeps the same error.

Options
2022-06-23 09:03:37 - last edited 2022-06-24 09:36:19

Hello @Felipondriox

I'm replying to inform you that we have published a new beta firmware in my original post, please download and confirm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got you. We will check this and update the beta firmware for you. 

I will forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-06-23 23:41:23

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, that is great. What is the approximate timeframe of Archer AX11000_V1.0_beta firmware being available not as a beta but rather a final version?

Thanks for your time.

Options
2022-06-24 01:19:10

muss3000 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, that is great. What is the approximate timeframe of Archer AX11000_V1.0_beta firmware being available not as a beta but rather a final version?

Thanks for your time.

@muss3000 Apologies that we haven't got any advanced notice when will the new official firmware be available, but I guess it will be soon. I will update the info here in my original post to inform you when that is officially available.

Options
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2022-07-06 09:05:26 - last edited 2022-07-06 09:08:10

Hi there,

Sorry, I'm a newbie in this topic. I would appreciate for advises of 4G/WiFi routers supported VPN Client. I wanna buy 4G/WiFi router and configure VPN Client for connecting to Surfshark VPN. My goal is to connect my laptop and mobile phone to the Surfshark over the 4G Router.

Options
2022-07-07 04:43:34

@Kevin_Z Hi, thanks for the VPN Client beta firmware. I have managed to connect to a Ubiquity EdgeRouter at corporate HQ using PSK over L2TP/IPSec.

The problem is ALL network traffic from my PC is routed over the VPN when I enable VPN Access in the Device List on the VPN Client page. When I toggle to disabled, then network traffic goes via the regular WAN. 

I would like all internet traffic to use the regular WAN connection unless I am trying to reach a server with an IP address on the VPN secured network. e.g. when the WAN is connected, and my PC is enabled for VPN Access, I woudl like to be able to reach Google.com and other internet locations while still having access to the PC on the remote network reached by the VPN. 

Currently, when the VPN Client in my AX11000 connects to the VPN, it lists the remote gateway correctly as 192.168.0.1. I would like ALL 192.168.0.X traffic to go over the VPN, and all other network traffic to use the normal routing to the WAN as if the VPN was not switched on. 

Can this be done with the current beta firmware?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Kind regards

Richard

Options
2022-07-07 06:42:34

Hello @doingnz 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

When configuring the VPN Client on the Archer AX11000 and connecting to the VPN server, all the traffic data will be routed to the VPN tunnel, you cannot split the data or tunnel. We will make sure to bring your feedback to our dev team to see if it would be technically feasible to support it in future updates to the platforms.

Please understand that development across teams and projects is difficult, and nothing can be guaranteed. The best that I can say is that it is important to keep up to date with the latest firmware on the router. 

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2022-07-07 06:50:28

@alladin64 

alladin64 wrote

Hi there,

Sorry, I'm a newbie in this topic. I would appreciate for advises of 4G/WiFi routers supported VPN Client. I wanna buy 4G/WiFi router and configure VPN Client for connecting to Surfshark VPN. My goal is to connect my laptop and mobile phone to the Surfshark over the 4G Router.

There are currently no 4G routers that support the VPN Client feature. We do see similar feedback from other customers also, and we have already brought it forward to the related team to see if it would be technically feasible to support it in future updates. Unfortunately, development across teams and projects in any organization is difficult, and nothing can be guaranteed. The best that I can say is that it is important to keep up to date with the latest firmware on the router. you may subscribe to this thread for any updates, we would also publish there to let you know if that is available.

Options
Related Articles