Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-08-22 09:01:17

@m1hn3a 

m1hn3a wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello

Thank you for share the new firmware with us.

I have installed today and I have noticed following things:

1. Connection alerts on Tether app was removed (on beta it was not working)

Kevin_Z: Can you tell us more details? Is there still an option for Connection Alerts on the router web or Tether app?

2. QoS on old firmware takes bandwidth from speed app, and it was an option to enter manually,  now the option to take automatically disappeared (or I cannot fid it anywhere) 

Kevin_Z: There is no options any more on Tether app? Can I have a screenshot?

3. On Microsoft Edge (chronium based version) menu from left on Advanced settings is changing font size on hover (this behavior was also on beta, but I thought that it will be fixed on final version).

Kevin_Z: This might be a Microsoft Edge issue. It's suggested to use another browsers. I was experiencing similar issues when using some online platforms such as Google form.

Thank you

Options
2022-08-22 09:32:58

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated.

Actually no, I was using WPA3 + WPA2, and the clients always correctly chose their preferred protocol - my AX200 units (a PC and laptop) selected WPA3, while my Huawei P30 Pro went for WPA2. So this is a problem that I have observed in the new firmware.

Oddly enough, after a few days (literary an hour or two ago!) the issue went away, and now my AX200 clients are correctly choosing WPA3.

I can't make head nor tail of this - perhaps this is a quirk specific to my setup?

Whatever the case may be, I'll keep you posted on developments.

Options
2022-08-22 13:26:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hello

Thank you for share the new firmware with us.

I have installed today and I have noticed following things:

1. Connection alerts on Tether app was removed (on beta it was not working)

Kevin_Z: Can you tell us more details? Is there still an option for Connection Alerts on the router web or Tether app?

m1hn3a: The option was on Tether app:

Old firmware:

With new firmware (sorry for language, but you can see from icons that the option is not there):

2. QoS on old firmware takes bandwidth from speed app, and it was an option to enter manually,  now the option to take automatically disappeared (or I cannot fid it anywhere) 

Kevin_Z: There is no options any more on Tether app? Can I have a screenshot?

m1hn3a: Yes, I recall that before it was here - it was 2 radio button one that said Get bandwith from SpeedTest and second for manualy enter - now on Tether app is only option for manual enter:

3. On Microsoft Edge (chronium based version) menu from left on Advanced settings is changing font size on hover (this behavior was also on beta, but I thought that it will be fixed on final version).

Kevin_Z: This might be a Microsoft Edge issue. It's suggested to use another browsers. I was experiencing similar issues when using some online platforms such as Google form.

m1hn3a: Yes, the problem is only on Microsoft Edge, I tried with Chrome and Firefox and it's ok :) 

Thank you

Options
2022-08-24 09:21:27

@Kevin_Z 

There is something wrong with final firmware 1.3.1 for AX11000. After some time router loses internet connection, LED switches to red and status says "Poor Connection". Router stays in this state until I manually click Release and Renew buttons. It has happened three times already so it is not some random glitch. It never happened with 1.3.0 beta firmware. I am now switching back to beta to see if problem goes away.

Options
2022-08-24 10:27:44

far1 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

There is something wrong with final firmware 1.3.1 for AX11000. After some time router loses internet connection, LED switches to red and status says "Poor Connection". Router stays in this state until I manually click Release and Renew buttons. It has happened three times already so it is not some random glitch. It never happened with 1.3.0 beta firmware. I am now switching back to beta to see if problem goes away.

@far1 Can I know who is your ISP, and what is the WAN Connection Type on the AX11000?

Please send the system log on the AX11000 to support.forum@tp-link.com for further analysis. Be sure it records the disconnect and reconnect behavior.

Options
2022-08-24 10:59:01

@far1 

Such things could be modem related.

You don't happen to be using a Technicolor modem by any chance?

When I did, I had all sorts of weird things going on with my AX11000, but everything sorted itself out after my ISP gave me an Arris.

Options
2022-08-24 15:58:52

@Kevin_Z 

The WPA3/WPA2 issue has gone away, hopefully for good, but I have another thing to report.

I connected an RE600X range extender to the AX11000 in OneMesh. The first thing that I noticed was that during the connection process the connection times of all devices shown in the router's client list were zeroed - they literally began to show zero minutes of connection time.

Later, everything worked as expected, but when I switched off any of the devices connected to the RE600X, I found that it takes a good ten minutes for the router GUI to register the fact. In other words, the device icon remains in the AX11000's client list for much longer than it should.

This was not the case with previous firmwares - but it could be a problem with either the router's firmware or the range extender's.

Options
2022-08-25 08:58:48

@Kevin_Z i have installed the new AX11000 firmware and now the router is unstable.

# H-Ver = 1.0.0 ; S-Ver = 1.3.1 Build 20220721 rel.61848

After a few hours I must reboot the router for it to connect to the internet again. I am in New Zealand and connect to the Slingshot network over fibre. Prior to the firmware update there were no issues and i did not need to reboot the router. I have attached logs (1) is the log saved when the connection was down. (2) is the log immediately after the reboot. 

Ideas on what to change in the current firmware settings to make it stable?

I no longer need the VPN Client feature. Can i downgrade the firmware to the previous version to get a stable internet?

Thank you for assistance. 

File:
AX11000-syslog.zipDownload
Options
2022-08-25 09:32:45

doingnz wrote

@Kevin_Z i have installed the new AX11000 firmware and now the router is unstable.

# H-Ver = 1.0.0 ; S-Ver = 1.3.1 Build 20220721 rel.61848

After a few hours I must reboot the router for it to connect to the internet again. I am in New Zealand and connect to the Slingshot network over fibre. Prior to the firmware update there were no issues and i did not need to reboot the router. I have attached logs (1) is the log saved when the connection was down. (2) is the log immediately after the reboot. 

Ideas on what to change in the current firmware settings to make it stable?

I no longer need the VPN Client feature. Can i downgrade the firmware to the previous version to get a stable internet?

Thank you for assistance. 

@doingnz You should be able to downgrade to the previous 1.3.0 version.

But if you want to troubleshoot on the current 1.3.1 version, we would like to know how often the disconnect happens, whether there is still a valid WAN IP address on its WAN, the LED is orange or white when there is no internet. Thank you very much.

Options
2022-08-25 09:36:33

Maciej wrote

@Kevin_Z 

The WPA3/WPA2 issue has gone away, hopefully for good, but I have another thing to report.

I connected an RE600X range extender to the AX11000 in OneMesh. The first thing that I noticed was that during the connection process the connection times of all devices shown in the router's client list were zeroed - they literally began to show zero minutes of connection time.

Later, everything worked as expected, but when I switched off any of the devices connected to the RE600X, I found that it takes a good ten minutes for the router GUI to register the fact. In other words, the device icon remains in the AX11000's client list for much longer than it should.

This was not the case with previous firmwares - but it could be a problem with either the router's firmware or the range extender's.

@Maciej Is this ten minutes accurate or is it estimated? Can we also have a screenshot of when that client is actually turned off but still show up online on the web GUI? Thank you.

Options
Related Articles