Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-05-27 00:10:04

@Kevin_Z 

As per your request...

My modem was replaced with an Arris TG3442S and now the time is syncing perfectly. I can also connect my range extenders in OneMesh and log in with my TP-Link ID without any problems.

So for now I would mention only two issues:

1) The built-in SpeedTest, which shows no more than half of my ISP speed; if I use external speed testing tools, the ISP speed is always shown correctly.

2) The absence of the 2500Mbps option under Network > Internet > Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting.

Options
2022-05-27 06:43:29

@Maciej and @Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I also use the latest beta build and for me SpeedTest is working fine (but it will be usefull to let user selet the server for test), the 2500 MB option isnnot showed in negotiation menu and also i noticed that on the mobile Teather app the Connection Alerts doesn't work.

Options
2022-05-27 07:00:14

@m1hn3a and @Kevin_Z 

I can confirm that Connection Alerts in Tether are unavailable.

And yes, it would be an excellent idea to be able to choose the SpeedTest server.

Options
2022-05-27 10:02:45

@m1hn3a  @Maciej 

Thank you both for reporting the Connection Alerts issue with the beta firmware. We will check and confirm it soon.

Options
2022-05-28 20:48:09

@Kevin_Z 

Hi. I need VPN Client for Archer C7 v5.0 (EU) 

Options
2022-05-28 20:56:20

@uyslkadir 

and i also need for mr200

Options
2022-05-29 07:14:30

@Kevin_Z 

@All 

Are you going to release VPN client for "Archer AX6000 v.1"???

The release date of the latest version of "Archer AX6000 v.1" is 12/08/2021. While for "Archer AX6000 v.2" the release date was published on 01/29/2022. In which new features and improvements have been added:
1. Improved customer list function;
2. Improved stability of the router;
3. Added switch for Qos function;
4. Added VPN client function.

Bug fixed:
1. Fixed some security issues;
2. Fixed a bug due to which the router had an unstable Internet connection in some cases;
3. Fixed a bug that caused the Qos function to not work in some cases.

+++

"The hedgehog is a proud bird, until you kick it, it won't fly???"

Options
2022-05-29 16:01:52

Hey guys. Just to update.

VPN feature work perfect on almost all devices. I really like the ootion of enabling/disabling the specific node. Very happy with the feature and thabks again!

I have a weird issue, with my TV specifically, when over wifi.

VPN works fine for some time (about 20 mins) and the connection goes down. The problem appears only when the TV is being routed through VPN.

I have also tried to use ChromeCast to cast to TV. Everything works perfectly fine. Not sure if there is an incompatibility with webOS TVs?

The TV model is LG SK8000.

Anyone else have issues with TVs?

Options
2022-05-30 02:43:02

DmitriyRazmanov wrote

@Kevin_Z 

@All 

Are you going to release VPN client for "Archer AX6000 v.1"???

The release date of the latest version of "Archer AX6000 v.1" is 12/08/2021. While for "Archer AX6000 v.2" the release date was published on 01/29/2022. In which new features and improvements have been added:
1. Improved customer list function;
2. Improved stability of the router;
3. Added switch for Qos function;
4. Added VPN client function.

Bug fixed:
1. Fixed some security issues;
2. Fixed a bug due to which the router had an unstable Internet connection in some cases;
3. Fixed a bug that caused the Qos function to not work in some cases.

+++

"The hedgehog is a proud bird, until you kick it, it won't fly???"

@DmitriyRazmanov There will be a new official firmware for Archer AX6000 in the near future, you can install the beta firmware first if you need the VPN Client feature. The beta firmware can be found in my original post.

Options
2022-05-30 11:27:04

@lphoenixl 

In My opinion, you can have a problem with the inactivity of this connection. That can be connected with your 'VPN provider' who is disconnecting you after some time of inactivity, or some pôwer saving feature of this TV. TV should ping every few minutes to keep the connection to Internet.

If it happened during streaming (Netflix, amazon prime, HBO max...) then this is faulty behavior and the reason can be located in the router itself but in most cases that will be in the TV or after router on the line: your internet provider - VPN server 

Options
Related Articles