What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

106 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders
2022-11-28 14:48:22
See that Archer C6 is planned for Easy mesh but only v4 version. Will v2 version receive this firmware too or it will never happens ?
Options
Re:What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2022-11-29 02:43:57

iAmSaugata wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have encountered with bug after this update on my Archer C80 (HW v1). I have explained it here Getting issue after firmware update on Archer C80 (v1.0) v1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(5553) - Home Network Community (tp-link.com).

In brief.

• I am no longer able to use external DHCP server (I was using PiHole for this to manager my connected devices).
  • If the external DHCP server enabled during update, somehow default router management IP (192.168.0.1) getting changed to 192.168.0.61, I have to disable the external DHCP completely and reboot router to getting back it's default management IP.
  • I enabled the DHCP server in router and added PiHole IP as DNS IP for my network, but it is getting changed back to 192.168.0.1 automatically after reboot.

Earlier firmware on Archer C80 was working perfectly fine with my RE300 in OneMesh network. Please help me with downgrading the firmware, this update causing lot's of problem in my entire network. I have 20+ self-hosted publicly accessible services for me and my family along with 35+ connected devices (SmartTV, Smart Phone, Laptop, Cameras and many other IOT devices), this update just disrupted everything.

Regards,

Saugata D.

@iAmSaugata Thank you very much for following on this topic. Since you are reporting a different issue, we may discuss it in your thread. 

BTW, to further look into the issue you reported, I have escalated the case to our support engineers, and they will help with a solution.

Options
Re:What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2022-11-29 16:43:58 - last edited 2022-11-29 16:44:24

Brent1369 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

but i cant even find it on the official tp link website under firmware?

https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

@Kevin_Z 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders
2022-12-01 02:22:42

lacrimal wrote

See that Archer C6 is planned for Easy mesh but only v4 version. Will v2 version receive this firmware too or it will never happens ?

@lacrimal 

You can keep an eye on the EasyMesh compatibility list. It mentions "*Archer A6 v3 and Archer C6 v3 are also being planned to be compatible with EasyMesh.", but doesn't mention C6 v2, so I guess V2 may not support EasyMesh.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-01 02:24:48

Brent1369 wrote

Brent1369 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

but i cant even find it on the official tp link website under firmware?

https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

@Brent1369  Please wait patiently for the new firmware releasing. If your C6 is an EU version, it may be still on the way.

Options
2022-12-01 02:27:31

CroBo wrote

@Kevin_Z,

do you have more detailed information when the Ethernet Backhaul would be supported approximately?

What does "in the near future" mean? Is it about weeks, months or years?

I am about to buy 3x Archer C80 and would like to use them as one Wifi each connected with LAN.

If it takes too long I would rather buy another device.

Thank you in advance.

@CroBo  I honestly cannot give you an answer right now, but I was informed that Ethernet Backhaul has been planned to the EasyMesh devices. Sorry that I cannot provide an ETA either.sad

Options
2022-12-14 16:31:35

@Kevin_Z would it please be possible to consider Archer AX6000 for easymesh? 
I bought multiple routers in the hope of having them connected in onemesh. 

Thanks! 

Options
2022-12-15 07:20:48

fmouneir wrote

@Kevin_Z would it please be possible to consider Archer AX6000 for easymesh? 
I bought multiple routers in the hope of having them connected in onemesh. 

Thanks! 

@fmouneir I'm sorry that I cannot give you an answer now, as most of the routers and extenders are still under planned stage for EasyMesh. You can pay attention to the EasyMesh Compatibility List, or subscribe to this thread, we will update it once there are new models support EasyMesh.

Options
2022-12-19 21:19:26

@Kevin_Z 

I have RE605X. How do I connect it to my Router as Mesh?

My router is : Sagemcom F@st 5670 which also supports EasyMesh.

Options
2022-12-22 07:31:45

Tnalas1 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have RE605X. How do I connect it to my Router as Mesh?

My router is : Sagemcom F@st 5670 which also supports EasyMesh.

@Tnalas1 Thanks for asking.

As per the EasyMesh Compatibility List, RE605X doesn't support EasyMesh at the moment, so you cannot connect it to a router via EasyMesh.

Please also note that EasyMesh networking methods can vary based on the manufacturers, so it's NOT guaranteed here that TP-Link EasyMesh products will work with any EasyMesh-certified products. We highly recommend using TP-Link EasyMesh products together to ensure the best performance and full compatibility.

Options