What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

106 Reply
Re:What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2022-12-22 19:39:50

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I have a question about the EasyMesh setup video linked to in the first post of this thread. In case this was already answered somewhere, then I must have missed it, sorry.

In that setup video we can see that the main router (Archer AX55) has the LAN IP address 192.168.0.1 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the first added satellite device (Archer C80) got assigned the IP address 192.168.0.188.

However, the second satellite device (RE550) got assigned the IP address 192.168.11.11, which is in a different subnet.

Is this just a flaw in the video or would it be indeed like that if I was to setup such a Mesh network at my home? 

Options
Re:What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2022-12-23 02:18:16

Hi @woozle Glad to see you.

You are watching the video so carefully, I wasn't aware of the IP details in the setup video. I believe that could be a flaw rather than a truth, I will report it to the related team and ask them to revise it as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for pointing that out, and thank you for all the contribution to help the community.smiley

Options
Re:What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?-Solution
2022-12-28 09:09:02 - last edited 2022-12-28 09:09:13

Hello @zexoni70  @CroBo and all,

We are excited to inform you that Archer C80V1/Archer C64V1/Archer A8V1 are supporting EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul now, and we are providing an early-released version of firmware for you in the following thread:

Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8

Please download and install this version on your router to build an Ethernet backhaul via EasyMesh between these routers.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-12-28 13:52:25

@Kevin_Z 

wow! Great news! Cant wait for ax73 supporting easymesh as well. Ethernet backhaul is key feature. Do you guys have some roadmap which router models gonna be next, you can share with us ?

Options
2022-12-28 17:23:25 - last edited 2022-12-29 06:21:01

Dear @Kevin_Z,

Thank you for the information and path to the latest Archer C80 firmware that supports Ethernet Backhaul!

As I recently bought and now use an Archer AX73 V2 as my main router and it is set in ROUTER MODE, I am wondering if you have any info on when the new firmware is expected to be released for it to support Easymesh but with Ethernet Backhaul?

While I use the other three pieces of Archer C80 V1 in AP mode,  so it is important to me that you release the new firmware for the Archer AX73 V2 so that I can unite all the routers in the EasyMesh network via Ethernet Backhaul...

Thank you and best regards, and keep up the good work because we have regained our trust and faith in TP-Link as a brand!

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
2022-12-29 06:53:43

@azbest  @zexoni70 

Sorry that we haven't got any advanced notice right now that which router will be the next to have EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. We will update the community once any new model supports it. Please keep an eye on the community forums.

Options
2022-12-29 07:34:58

@Kevin_Z 

I have a question regarding easymesh. Does router in satelite mode can use own ethernet/lan ports to connect devices via wire ?

Options
2023-01-24 09:04:19

Essentially a full reset of the game of your console and on the cloud. Hopefully that helps, I don’t own a PS but had a similar problem on my Xbox. This fixed the problem for me.

Options
2023-01-24 22:12:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hi TP-Link, I see that A6 & A8 routers are now compatible with EasyMesh, is there a plan to add the functionaly to the A7 routers as well?

Thanks.

Options
2023-01-27 05:54:13

When will more models be added to the rolled out list? Its been many days since any new model got Easymesh.

Options