Motion detection not correct.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-03 11:02:27 - last edited 2022-10-20 07:42:02
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.20

Hi all, 

I have a C320WS amazing camera but I've found the detection keeps setting it off to record things on the main road outside my house that is out of the zone I set. 

Any idea or just a software bug?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Motion detection not correct.
2022-09-05 05:41:23

Hello   @Gurky 

Thank you for the feeddback. You can reduce some false alerts of camera by adjusting Detection zone, Sensitivity, angles of camera as suggested in this FAQ:

How to reduce motion detections from rain, snow or insects,etc

Kindly note that so far  AI detection uses the whole detection zone, if you have enabled the AI detection , there might be activities detected outside the zone.

Options
2022-09-05 14:19:15

@Solla-topee 

They aren't false alerts they are correct in getting detection but are outside the specified zone.

Options
2022-09-06 03:33:56

@Gurky  Thank you for your reply. 

If you only use motion detection for the camera but got alert outside the Detection zone, can you share some case details to look into that further. 

1_ a photo of the activity zone  & Motion detection settings on the camera

2_ a video clip shared link

3_ a photo of playback showing what kind of activity it is recognized (e.g Motion Detection/ AI Detection/ Line crossing etc.) Thanks. 

Options
2022-10-01 14:24:37

@Solla-topee 

Hi, apologies for the late reply. 

Attached should be a video showing action outside the specified zone. 

Issues with upload I have put on YT as an unlisted video. Se link below:

https://youtube.com/shorts/PjCr2Gw6NBE?feature=share

Options
2022-10-01 19:04:06

@Gurky 

I have noticed similar with my C210 cameras. It appears that when you set a detection zone, that only applies to "Motion Detection" events. When a "Person Detection" event occurs it does not use the zones defined under Motion Detected. In other words when a person enters the camera view it will automatically trigger a "Person Detection" event no matter where that person is. I don't know if this is by design or an error?

Options
2022-10-01 19:05:39

@MikeSW 

Has to be error, if by design that is broken UI. 

Options
2022-10-14 21:37:57

Just going to bump again in case any TP staff on to see/raise internally. 

Options
2022-10-20 07:40:33

Hello @Gurky 

Sorry for the delayed reply, thank you for the video!

So far the AI detection uses the full activity zone, that could be the reason why the camera still detect the motion  or person despite the customized zone. 

I understand it's not ideal so far, we've  added in to the request list for our team's further evaluation  and improvement. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 8

Related Articles