Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Android: Deco APP in Google Play

IOS: Deco APP in App Store

Get to know Deco APP 3.0

Version History

Deco APP 3.7.0

Release Notes:

1. Fixed some bugs and improve the APP stability.

Deco APP 3.6.0

Release Notes:

1. Introduced the ability to select offline clients for QoS.

2. Implemented a restriction on using inappropriate words as DDNS domains.

3. Fixed the issue that Deco onboarding gets stuck on Wi-Fi scanning.

4. Enhanced the overall APP experience for smoother usage.

Deco APP 3.5.0

Release Notes:

1. Provide a fresh and improved Client List UI for better usability​​​​​​​.
2. Implement a Password strength indication feature to help users create stronger passwords.
3. Enhance the APP log-in process via Face ID & Touch ID.
4. Remove the restriction of spaces in Wi-Fi passwords.

Deco APP 3.4.0

• Version 3.4.16 for Android OS / Version 3.4.21 for IOS

Release Notes:
1. Support Dark Mode.
2. Add OFDMA on/off switch( Also requires the support of product software.)

• Version 3.4.6 for Android OS / Version 3.4.10 for IOS

Release Notes:
1. Support Widget for Parental Controls.
2. Share Wi-Fi via QR code.
3. Support customizing IP& MAC address under Address Reservation.

Deco APP 3.3.0

• Version 3.3.18 for Android OS/ Version 3.3.42 for IOS

Release Notes:

1. Added the support for landscape mode on iPad/Tablets.
2. Added the support for password-less logins via your smartphone's stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) instead of manually entering your master password.

3. Added the "Replace Main Deco" function to allow setting up a new main Deco to replace the current main Deco.

4. Fixed some bugs and improved the stability.

>>For more configuration details, please refer to New Deco APP supports Passwordless Authentication and replaces main Deco via simple setup

•  Version 3.3.5 for Android OS / Version 3.3.10 for IOS

Release Notes:

1. Add support for the newly-released Deco BE Models.

2. Optimized the onboarding process of Deco WifI 7 products.
3. Improved Network Security Scan feature.
4. Optimized Homeshield Pro Subscription.
5. Remove the "Test Speed" Feature in the Deco Lab

6. Fix some bugs and improved the stability.

Deco APP 3.2.0
Verizon 3.2.14 for Android OS / Version 3.2.10 for IOS

Release Notes
1. Add support for Deco WifI 7 products.

2. Add ECO Mode interface. (This feature also requires the firmware support of your current Deco products!)
3. Optimized online client displays.
4. Fix some bugs and improved the stability.

Note: The actual UI might be different from the illustrations due to different models and APP version upgrades. It is suggested to download the APP directly to have a full view of the detailed features.

There are more UI and interaction changes waiting to be explored. Welcome to download and share your experience with us. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco APP 3.0-Solution
2022-09-15 11:35:34 - last edited 2022-11-23 07:49:50

Hi All,  thank you very much for your feedback so far !

It is highly appreciated if you could add the APP log when you noticed some minor bugs on the new APP and it will help a lot. Thank you very much.

How to submit Deco APP log

Click on the top left>choose "Support Center"--->open any FAQ in the categories--->click "No, I need more help" at the bottom---> Email us and choose APP and tick Add System Logs.

Recommended Solution
Options
264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-09-09 13:00:25

Nice UI overhaul! I can't say yet wether it actually works better than the old version or not, but at least it looks pretty neat. 

I'll try to remember to comment more once I've used it for some time - I hope error resilience has at least been improved (the old app used to just drop out in such situations).

Options
2022-09-09 13:06:18

@David-TP 

the new version is a great improvement!

my feedback until now:

home screen : up and download rate - this is the current traffic in the total network right?

should be written somewhere.

A current bandwidth should be also on the home page

I get constantly "deco not connected" messages. These decos are connected via Ethernet or wifi. No sure if they are really disconnected or the cloud connection is not

working correctly. Maybe the check interval from the app is too often

Options
2022-09-10 15:58:44

Great app, smooth experience. 

Can you please consider adding a dark mode? it's common in almost any app these days, thank you for your hard work. 

Options
2022-09-12 11:31:54

@David-TP 

the new ui is heading in good direction!

1) we need more details about the wireless connection between 2 decos, 5 bars instead of 3 or the actual dbm? this could help us install more presicelly more decos like 5-6+

2) add remote wan speedtest to all your models as a free option like the models with homecare

3) let us do a speedtest between 2 decos so we can test the actual speed of the infrastracture easily.

thank you

Options
2022-09-12 11:38:01

@akapal 

also i found a bug if you have the base wireless with next hope and then the 2nd and 3rd decos with wired backhual the app shows the wireless signal and says that all uses ethernet backhaul....which is not true

Options
2022-09-12 16:08:51 - last edited 2022-09-18 15:26:02

The app is a great improvement over the existing one but to make things even better I would suggest the following:

1. Configuration backup (either locally or cloud) - there is nothing worse than renaming default device names to make them identifiable along with setting up QoS, Static IP, DNS, Port Forwarding and parental controls each time we are told to factory reset or when we get a new main Deco

2. Network map different selection areas on the main screen, so if I click the upper half e.g. the globe or status title it takes me to the Deco list as it does now (red circled area on the image below), however the lower half should take me to the device status page of the Deco  I click on (blue circled area).

3. Device list groups/categories:  The device list and smart devices should be configurable to be shown in groups I.E. rooms or device type etc..

4. Advert dismissed:  When selecting a person in Parental Controls an advert is shown to upgrade to HomeShield Premium... I click the "X" in the corner but it re-appears next time I access the screen..  Surely this should be hidden it until a new user is added or the app/service has been updated.

5. HomeShield Pro Options: Hide options which are part of the HomeSheild premium when not subscribed for example weekly, monthly report tabs, everywhere I click I just see  the upgrade to use this feature option.. I would much prefer to just not see it unless I have access to it.

6. Device identifier: Add the IP Address or the Mac address to the device list screen (when multiple devices are added which appear as Unknown or Google Nest it is difficult to identify which device is which so having the IP or MAC would make setup alot easier).  This could be place to the right of the upstream and downstream device speeds, which could also be reduced in size slightly.

7. Add SQM and QoS by activity type I.E. gaming or Work etc..

8. As above comments:

- 3 bars isn't enough to identify a good or bad signal, 5 would be sufficient

- add the local speedtest like with HomeCare devices

9. Parental controls tab: Overall this tab looks alot better than before, however mine looks too spaced out with lots of white space.  If it looked like the screenshots in the OPs post I would be happy.. I even signed up to HomeShield Pro and its the same as the below screenshot.. my guess is the first screenshots are from the far superior (and free) HomeCare router software. 

Why they switched to HomeShield I will never know!

Options
2022-09-13 01:37:02

Hi, All, Thank you very much for all the feedback and they are highly appreciated. 

And @akapa, as mentioned here“if you have the base wireless with next hope and then the 2nd and 3rd decos with wired backhual the app shows the wireless signal and says that all uses ethernet backhaul”,in case of further misunderstanding, for the network topology: ISP---<cable>---main unit(base unit)----<wifi>---2nd Deco---<cable>---3rd Deco, were you trying to say, insteading of wireless backhaul on the 2nd Deco, the APP said both 2nd Deco and 3rd Deco were on Ethernet backahul?

If yes, can I have some pictures?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-14 15:06:51

@David-TP 

STILL no way to change the wifi channel!

Deco 5ghz band interferes with my wireless speaker system. Deco is supposed to be "smart" and choose channels that aren't congested, but even after rebooting it always uses the same channel.

TP-Link's response is that it isn't an issue... but it is, and to a lot of people on this forum.

Please make this a priority. I really regret going with TP-Link.

Options
2022-09-14 16:12:33

Hey  @Mawaukee,

I'm guessing you mean manually choosing the band per device?

If so I completely agree, also the ability to choose the connected Deco for static devices.

Options
2022-09-14 16:19:34 - last edited 2022-09-18 15:27:11

Hi  @David-TP ,

When I first downloaded the app I was able to set yhe DNS at WAN level, but now I am unable to change it again.

As you can see I have changed the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.4.

Options