Deco APP Release Note

Deco APP Release Note

264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-10-18 03:13:21 - last edited 2022-10-18 11:52:29

@ALTOHARD welcome to the community.

The bandwidth control and separate DHCP range under the guest network need to be supported on the software of the Deco hardware first, instead of APP. I will record them first.

And for several models, the bandwidth control under guest network has been added to Deco already, such as Deco M5/M9 plus and you could find it here.

Duz, Do you mean you can not see Deco X20 in the network map or network list? can I have some pictures?

It is also highly appreciated if you could refer to this link to submit the APP log.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-18 09:26:17

@David-TP Thank you very much for your quick response. I bought 7 units of E4 deco and I really need the bandwidth control option for the guest network.
1 - Do you plan to add bandwidth control function to Deco E4 soon?
2 - Could I put a Deco M5 as the main one to have the function of bandwidth control in the guest network, and then add the Deco E4 as secondary, in this way the bandwidth control would work in the guest network?

Options
2022-10-18 10:39:56

@David-TP 

Brilliant upgrade to the App. Users want more options and control. 

Many good suggestions have been suggested for the App to be fully inclusive of the users needs and wants and I am hoping those suggestions are implemented. 

A nice option is to be able to turn off nodes when not in use for eg.Childrens bedroom or Main Bedroom.

When you sleeping the node in the bedroom can go into standby mode so no signal being emitted until the allotted time is reached and it reconnects. 

Some of these devices are kept on our bedside tables etc. 

Well done on a brilliant app. 

Options
2022-10-18 16:23:21

@David-TP email sent. Images as requested

Options
2022-10-19 01:53:28

@Duz Thanks for the update and I have got your APP feedback.laugh

Mutch Hi, Thank you for the feedback. It is indeed a brilliant idea. Other users also requested it before several times. Personally, I think it might only be added on the satellite units since the main unit is the headmaster and if it is powered off, the command would not be able to pass on to satellite Decos. And it also needs to be supported by the firmware of Deco as well.

ALTOHARD, Hi, I know it is planned to release 1.6.0/1.1.0 on different models but I can't guarantee "soon". Some models might take quite a long time to be updated finally.

The good news is yes and you can have a Deco M5 as the main Deco to set up bandwidth control on the guest network( and please make sure Deco is working on Wireless Router mode, not Access Point mode.)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-19 06:15:41

@David-TP 

In parental control. You can block sites via the "Most Visited Sites" page, but you cannot do so via the History page. Before we could...

Here you can :

Here you can't :

Options
2022-10-20 16:41:33

Hi @David-TP,  

I have noticed a few of the bugs have been fixed which are:

✅ Missing device signal/ connection type icons

✅ Device counts not adding up (each node Vs total)

✅ Address reservation & QoS add device lists now able to see all devices (not cropped).

And a couple of suggestions have been added:

✅ Icon instead of word on network map for ethernet connected nodes.

✅ Tap Deco device to see the devices connected to that Deco on the Map view.

This is all great stuff, however there is a few other things I would like to see soon:

🔸 Search for device lists which dynamically searches for IP address, Hostname, MAC or given device name.  This should be on the main device list and any others like address reservation and QoS etc..

🔸 Device counts don't show most of the time see images below.

🔸 Home screen map view should have the ability to click the individual nodes to see devices connected + details (the same as the main network map screen)

🔸 Advertisements for HomeSheild should be less intrusive, and be able to dismiss them from re-appearing or even moved to the bottom of the screen.

🔸 Device list and Smart devices screen should be able to be grouped, sorted or filtered.

🔸Allow setting of a static IP range e.g. 192.168.68.2 - 50 for static and 51 to 200 for dynamic IP.  Currently my network drops everytime I set or remove an address reservation, likely because the fixed and dynamic clash causing the router to reallocate IPs

Missing device count by node screenshot

Missing device count by node screenshot

Options
2022-10-21 17:42:35

Hi  @David-TP

I have the Deco APP 3.0 in my iPhone but the app closes it self without error.

Two days ago I installed my Deco X68 and yesterday I was setting up all my devices (cameras, smart devices, etc). Suddenly, I cant open the app.

Tried uninstall and install again, only work once and then closes it self.

Options
2022-10-22 02:44:19

After the latest app update on iOS ( 3.0.47), everything works fine.

Options
2022-10-22 12:37:37

Hi  @David-TP 

My Solution is Deco M5 in living room and mesh with Deco M3W in bedroom.  When i moved to bedroom and my iphone swap to Deco M3W,  The number of devices connection on Living Room's icon (M5) & Bedroom (M3W) will disappear and i try to click Bedroom icon, it's show No clients.  Please help to fix this bug.

*Deco M5 FW Version : 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel.36456

**Deco M3W FW Version : 1.0.7 Build 20210106 Rel.65893

Options

Tags

Related Articles