Deco APP Release Note

Deco APP Release Note

264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-09-16 12:22:53

@Lexivienna Thank you very much yesand the log has been forwarded to the senior engineers already.

@BenGinders You have my deepest Thanks!

And "Secondly the home screen includes the Philips Hue Bulbs counted individually whereas the network map/list does not count them so the home screen shows 8 additional devices." I think I might not get it completely and can you paraphrase it with some pictures?

By the way, can you also help me get the latest APP log again?

(And you are right laughand IOS APP does not have "Contact US". The APP needs to be sent via Support Center"--->choose any FAQ in the categories--->click "No, I need more help" at the bottom---> Email us and please do remember to add the APP log.

As for the DNS, the first time I tested on Deco X68 the first time and it was ok. And just now I checked the email record you have with the engineers and I noticed your mode is Deco X73-DSL. On the previous 2.xxx version, It is not allowed to change WAN DNS and I guess it is the same on the Deco App 3.0. I also tested on the Deco X73-DSL just now and it does not support changing DNS either. So it is quite confusing why it could be changed the first time.

Thank you all for the feedback.

best regards.

Options
2022-09-16 21:02:07 - last edited 2022-09-16 21:03:52

Hi  @David-TP,

Let me try to explain a bit better:

On the Home/Network tab the Network Map shows:

• 7 * Clients connected to the Hallway Deco
  • 17 * Clients connected to the Living Room Deco
  • 9 * Clients connected to the Office Deco

this totals 32 devices

At the same time the "Online Clients" section shows 41 clients connected, which is 9 more than the network map.

8 of the additiional devices are Philips Hue bulbs connected to the Living Room Deco via a Hue Hub,  These are not counted in any of the other counts accross the network maps or the network list. (image below shows the 8 Hue Bulbs).

Then there is the additional 1 device which I cannot explain,

Also this extra device shows in the Deco list view (below screenshot), undeneath the  "Everything looks good." header it shows 33 Clients.

then splitting out the connected clients in the Deco list it totals 32 devices:

• 17 clients connected to the Living Room Deco 
  • 6 clients connected to the Hallway Deco
  • 9 clients connected to the Office Deco

Hopefully this explains it better.

Regarding the DNS,  I don't understnad the logic behind this as the X73-DSL is a modem as well as a router, thus should handle the DNS at WAN level.  The X68s I have do not have a modem so I use them as access points.  Out of the 2 diferent Deco models the X73-DSL seems like the perfect device to have this capability.

Like you have said, if this is not support how was I able to change it inititally in the new app.  At first i thought it may have just saven in the app and not actually updated the X73, so I logged into the X73 via Telned and ran the "cat /etc/resolv.conf" command, which retuned the same DNS as I was able to enter in the app, this confirms that it is possible to update the DNS at WAN level but it is somehow blocked.

The below shows the DNS setting of the X73-DSL

And this shows the DNS set on the app:

Tonight I have also been able to access the DNS config again by closing the app then reopening back to the Internet Connection settings several times.

I changed the DNS servers again

Which I was able to confirm using Telnet again:

So it looks like there is some loophole there,which I hope will become a feature!

BTW I will also submit more logs following the ability to change temporarily again.

Options
2022-09-17 13:27:42

@David-TP 

Hi!

In this version I can't see automation, if I try to add a message is displayed 

Options
2022-09-18 11:44:45 - last edited 2022-09-18 15:32:45

Hi @Keeper117,

Could you try creating a new automation with a different name.  The reason I say this is because there should be a "Smart Actions" header, which is clickable, when I select this I see the automations tab with my automations listed.

So creating one new automation may cause the "Smart Actions" header to show so you can see all you existing automations.

See below screenshots of my "Smart Home" tab and Automations.

Options
2022-09-18 12:06:17

Hi  @David-TP,

In using the app more over the weekend I have a few more small suggestions to improve the overall navigation and usability:

1. Add a search to the "Online Clients" screen - I have over 60 devices overall and finding a particular device can take a while.. ideally the search can find client name, IP or MAC.

2. Automations should show under the Smart Actions section of the Smart Home screen, rather than hidden behind the "Smart Actions" title

Options
2022-09-18 14:56:02

@BenGinders 

Hi 

I tried add new automation but it doesn't work, but if I add shortcut, the app shows the clickable header and I see all shortcut and automations, but if I delete shortcut the problem return 

Options
2022-09-18 15:37:26
Glad that made the automations visible, For next steps I would advise to submit the app logs so the TP-Link team can investigate then try clearing the app cache and deleting the existing automations, then recreate them.
Options
2022-09-19 03:07:44

@Keeper117 

Thank you very much for the feedback heartand I can produce this issue on my side. The engineers are checking on this now.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2022-09-19 12:56:03

Hi @David-TP ,

One other small suggestion, 

for the network map, would it be possible to have the icon instead of the word "Ethernet".

So instead of this:

Have this instead:

Options
2022-09-19 13:16:31 - last edited 2022-09-19 13:27:12

@David-TP

>or the network map, would it be possible to have the icon instead of the word "Ethernet".

Expanding on that idea: would be useful if there is different icon for 10/100/gigabit/etc, or negotiated speed is listed on top of the icon.Such as:

Options

Tags

Related Articles